Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP's

Options
  • 07-05-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for information as to which would be the best female GP to attend here in the city, I am registered with a GP and I am not content with the service this GP provides, although pleasant to deal with, nothing gets referred to people who can help
    could anyone recommend any pleasant female GP within the city who actually follows through with referrals?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dr. Triona Sliney is very good, she's in Parnell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Haven't been to her myself but I've heard good things about Dr Piggott in Ardkeen. There are others but a lot of the good ones are impossible to get an appointment with.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

Ive heard somewhere that Dr. Sliney doesn't take on anymore MC patients
    I've thought about going to Ballybricken does anyone know much about the female doctors there?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Peanuts McDrummie

Not sure about the doctors in the Keogh Practice but I'm attending Dr. Bernadette O'Leary at the moment. I'm fairly happy with the service she's provided so far. She's in the practice on Mayor's Walk and accepts medical card patients if that's important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If you are going to Keogh practice I would stay away from Nell McGovern she has an awful manner, Deirdre Plant is very nice and helpful I have no issues recommending her.

• Advertisement

I was thinking about one of the McNamara Daughters but Ive heard mixed reviews from people so I am not too sure

DipDab93 wrote: »
    I was thinking about one of the McNamara Daughters but Ive heard mixed reviews from people so I am not too sure

I was going to move to Deirdres husband when I had to change GP a while back but they seem to be split between all the practices which didn't suit me.

I've heard you pick 2 doctors and if one isn't free you can go to the other.

I basically just want someone really pleasant but also competent enough to get stuff done, as in referrals etc.
    That is one of my reasons for changing GP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    Dr Gray is excellent. She owns Carrigdhoun surgery in Williamstown.

http://www.drdeborahgray.ie/documents/Update.pdf

I never thought of her but I know she's good. Only thing is she doesn't work full time

• Advertisement

So I visited one and I am really not sure what to make of her. Not gonna say the name on here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Within the city centre I'd say the Keogh Practice is probably the best choice as the system within the practice seems very efficient. Someone explained it to me

Advertisement