Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power yoga? Is this a real type of yoga, or just Jillian Michael's version of yoga

Options
  • 06-05-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I thought I didn't like yoga as it was exasperatingly slow. I have done Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown the last few days and I love it. Just level one.

I usually do 3 work outs a week so I have good cardio fitness, but the power yoga felt like being enveloped by a controlled strength. Loved the feeling. The control and the balance are physical of course but almost immediately I could feel my approach to all of the things that are uncertain in my life seeming more manageable.

Can anybody recommend another power yoga workout on you tube that compares to the almightly jillian?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mikkl

I'm going to answer my own question here, I'm talking to myself, but I'm fine with that :D

Seán Vigue on youtube.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bergmann

Hey, is Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown suitable for beginners? I've never done a proper yoga class, only a few YouTube tutorials here and there so am very much an amateur...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mikkl

I think it is. A fair few chatarungas so you need arm strength., and she keeps you moving. There's no risk you're going to fall asleep on your mat with Jillian!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bergmann

Haha sounds good! Will give it a go :D

Advertisement