Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fires of Fort McMurray- Can we help?

Options
  • 06-05-2016 6:24pm

Hi guys, I've just seen the reports from Fort McMurray and I wonder, as ex and current IEC participants, we can help.

We see the ads on Facebook, etc. for people having to get rid of everything they have in their apartments as their visa expiry date approaches. Everything they own in Canada, beds, couches, TVs, the entire contents of a home, to be gotten rid of in a few days, because none of it will fit on a plane.

I wonder, if you can't get rid of it, why not donate it? There are estimated 88,000 evacuees, some of whom will have lost everything. I remember when I had to depart, I had to leave half my stuff in a dumpster, because I didn't have time to sell it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you're leaving, we need to organise that at the least, if you can't sell it, it gets taken North.

Thoughts & Prayers are with the boardsies caught up with this. Hope you're safe guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My job donated $1,500 today to the effort up there.

Thoughts will all those up there, hope the crews working stay safe.

Advertisement