Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane Sailing

Options
  • 06-05-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

In the great tradition of people who go to ridiculous lengths to make outlandish dreams come true, a Sligo undertaker is bringing a Boeing 767 from Shannon to Enniscrone. By sea.

Anyone been following the journey? The pictures on twitter are great. I've heard David McGowan on the radio, he's fantastic.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

XR3i wrote: »
    tldr

What is the point of this crap? Neither funny or original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Video of it heading up the Shannon.
    https://vimeo.com/165497511

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well , looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Seems like quite the undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

Would have been a good branding opportunity to change the logos on the fuselage before it set off, on its social media virally friendly journey,

but fare fécks to him he's generating more free publicity then Donald Trump but without insulting everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

maudgonner wrote: »
    In the great tradition of people who go to ridiculous lengths to make outlandish dreams come true, a Sligo undertaker is bringing a Boeing 767 from Shannon to Enniscrone. By sea.
    That's quite an undertaking indeed.

Aircraft are designed to fly up where it's -40 so should be easy to keep warm. And it's far larger and cheaper than a lot of houses.

and when the zombie apocalypse hits, you'd be glad of a residence off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Don't know why they didn't just fly it to Sligo and land it vertically on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Glamping. In an old Russian airliner. In Muckduff, Co. Sligo

That's some niche he's carved out for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

The local undertaker, P Óleary?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The local undertaker, P Óleary?

P & O'Leary

• Advertisement
Advertisement