Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to claim eWorking tax relief?

Options
  • 06-05-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I've been working from home full time for the past 7 months and have heard of being able to claim tax relief up to €3.20 per day according to this [URL="file:///Users/AC_Rep/Downloads/it69.pdf"]IT69 Document[/URL] on revenues site.

I've requested a letter from my employers HR department confirming this however there doesn't seem to be any way to submit this claim through PAYE anytime.

Has anybody any experience with this or where this can be submitted to?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Willbbz wrote: »
    I've been working from home full time for the past 7 months and have heard of being able to claim tax relief up to €3.20 per day according to this [URL="file:///Users/AC_Rep/Downloads/it69.pdf"]IT69 Document[/URL] on revenues site.

I've requested a letter from my employers HR department confirming this however there doesn't seem to be any way to submit this claim through PAYE anytime.

Has anybody any experience with this or where this can be submitted to?

Your employer can pay you expenses of upto €3.20 per day without having to stop tax. It would appear on your payslip as non taxable pay.

They don't have to pay expenses however.

I think there is something on salary sacrifice legislation which means they can't cut your pay and increase your expenses at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Your employer can pay you expenses of upto €3.20 per day without having to stop tax. It would appear on your payslip as non taxable pay.

They don't have to pay expenses however.

I think there is something on salary sacrifice legislation which means they can't cut your pay and increase your expenses at the same time.

Should this be paid by my employer to me or from revenue? Or should it come in the form of reduced tax on my payslip? At this time there is no "non taxable pay" on my payslip

Does revenue have to be made aware of this or my employer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Willbbz wrote: »
    Should this be paid by my employer to me or from revenue? Or should it come in the form of reduced tax on my payslip? At this time there is no "non taxable pay" on my payslip

Does revenue have to be made aware of this or my employer?

Your employer may choose to pay you these expenses tax free. They don't have to and appear to have chosen not to. This is between you and your employer.

Advertisement