Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results IADT

Options
  • 06-05-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Anyone else surprised by their results?

Got 550 from DIT for Vis Comm but only 300 points from IADT for it :( I was one of the top two in my current graphic design course as well getting distinctions in every single project since I started my course. I got the full 600 points for fine art but I that's not what I want to do. I've even had my portfolio critiqued by three separate graphic designers some of which have been in the business for over 30 years and are of no relation or friends of mine who said I should have no problem getting in. One of those even went to IADT and was the head designer for a prestigious exhibition in Dublin a couple of months ago that thousands of people would have visited.

Just interested to hear what everybody else got as I've to show my portfolio again on 25th May for the advanced entry into year 2 Vis Comm but if I scored this low I'll probably have to change up my portfolio in order to try and get a better score. Maybe the standard was very high this year or something. Anyone else want to share what they got in specifically Vis Comm and were you pleased with your result?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 luciacicinsain

Hi, I applied for VisCom in IADT and got 300 as well! So yeah I am disappointed but I don't get how high their standards are for this year cause I got high scores in NCAD and LSAD. Did you apply to any other colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Hi, I applied for VisCom in IADT and got 300 as well! So yeah I am disappointed but I don't get how high their standards are for this year cause I got high scores in NCAD and LSAD. Did you apply to any other colleges?

Yeah I applied to DIT and got 550 so it was a bit of a shock to me to score so low from IADT, I thought worst come to worst I'd get a score of 400 not 300. I really don't have a clue where I went wrong as I thought I had all areas covered, fine art, mixed mediums, typography, poster design hand made and digital made, 3D sculpture ect. I've applied for the advanced entry into year two as well and have to drop my portfolio in again in a few weeks so now I'm not sure if I should change it or not since I scored so low and I don't know if it's the same people marking it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WhatPasta

got 300 in mine too, and I got 500 from DIT and 480 from LSAD, which is a fairly big difference. :L
    Ive seen other people complaining in previous years about the massive score differences between IADT and other colleges though. I know IADT is good, but I don't think they're that much better than LSAD and NCAD.

WhatPasta wrote: »
    got 300 in mine too, and I got 500 from DIT and 480 from LSAD, which is a fairly big difference. :L
    Ive seen other people complaining in previous years about the massive score differences between IADT and other colleges though. I know IADT is good, but I don't think they're that much better than LSAD and NCAD.

I also got 480 from LSAD and 813 from NCAD..so yeah a big difference
    Which one will you end up going to? I really can't choose, I know they're all good colleges and I don't think one is significantly better but I don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WhatPasta

I also got 480 from LSAD and 813 from NCAD..so yeah a big difference
    Which one will you end up going to? I really can't choose, I know they're all good colleges and I don't think one is significantly better but I don't know..
    I think Ill go to LSAD, it seemed so nice when I was on the tour.. I'm from Galway aswell so limerick isnt too far from home and isnt as big a jump from living at home as Dublin is!
    I know next to nothing about NCAD but if its any help to choosing between it and LSAD, I was talking to a student there who had to make the same choice and she said she was happy she chose limerick. Her friends that did choose NCAD had problems with it, she mentioned something about it being a year shorter than lsad I think as well? Anyway, Ive heard a few people complaining about it but Im sure the same goes for most colleges, theres always going to be someone unhappy about it! Just go with your gut feeling :D

• Advertisement

WhatPasta wrote: »
    I think Ill go to LSAD, it seemed so nice when I was on the tour.. I'm from Galway aswell so limerick isnt too far from home and isnt as big a jump from living at home as Dublin is!
    I know next to nothing about NCAD but if its any help to choosing between it and LSAD, I was talking to a student there who had to make the same choice and she said she was happy she chose limerick. Her friends that did choose NCAD had problems with it, she mentioned something about it being a year shorter than lsad I think as well? Anyway, Ive heard a few people complaining about it but Im sure the same goes for most colleges, theres always going to be someone unhappy about it! Just go with your gut feeling :D

I also had the tour, we def saw each other then. And yeah the school is so nice!! I'm from Croatia so I'm going far from home regardless of which one I choose. Thanks for the info though :)

Advertisement