Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A message from the weirdo at the Stephens Green LUAS stop

Options
  • 06-05-2016 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭

let me explain.
    I took public transport in to work because i'm going out tonight straight after work. so i went to the ticket machine at the Stephens Green luas stop. there was a guy using the first machine and a girl using the third machine so i decided to use the second machine. There was a ticket already displayed on the screen as if somebody had started to buy a ticket and then walked away. So i pressed cancel so i could buy my own ticket. The guy on the first machine gave me a deathly stare. And then i realised ...

There are only 2 machines on that platform. I had pressed cancel on the first machine. The one the guy was using. I should have guessed there was something up when i literally had to reach over his shoulder to press the cancel button.

So if you were using the ticket machine at Stephens Green LUAS at about 8.25 this morning and some weirdo pressed cancel while you were trying to buy a ticket well that weirdo was me. Sorry if i creeped you out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Hahahhaha good man for sharing! Did you apologise and explain or just hold his stare?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

That's a pretty agro move for 08:25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

So so you have the date the world is ending or not?

Have you cancelled that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Hahahhaha good man for sharing! Did you apologise and explain or just hold his stare?

i did try to apologise but he never took his earphones out. he did give me another stare as he got on the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I thought the thread was going to be about those folk giving out Jesus leaflets at the end of the platform...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Wait, can you explain how you thought the machine was abandoned when the guy was using it?

Wait, can you explain how you thought the machine was abandoned when the guy was using it?

because i thought there were three machines and i was using the machine in between the guy and girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

bruschi wrote: »
    I was buying a Luas ticket this morning at St Stephens Green and had just entered the location onto the screen and was in the process of getting the right change in my wallet when this absolute weirdo strolls up, reaches over my shoulder and presses cancel. And he just stood there then looking at me as if to say "pi$$ off, I want to buy a ticket". The nerve of him. I just stared at him as I couldnt think of anything to say.

Ha! Is this him OP?

mud wrote: »
    Ha! Is this him OP?

we shall see. if he can describe me then it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Ha! That made me laugh, good work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

mud wrote: »
    Ha! Is this him OP?

I wonder it that other post genuine or did someone post it as a joke after seeing this thread?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

messrs wrote: »
    I wonder it that other post genuine or did someone post it as a joke after seeing this thread?!

Considering how few posters boards has nowadays I have my doubts. You'd never know though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

You had to literally reach over his shoulder to press the cancel button...so he must have been standing right in front of the machine.... facing the machine....mid purchase....and you thought he wasnt using the machine??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Remind me never to use a urinal at the same time as the OP.

hardCopy wrote: »

That could be a bit weird... I'd be more worried about making sure the cubicle door is locked if needed to drop the kids off!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

hardCopy wrote: »

Rather than reaching over your shoulder , he'll have to reach around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wake up before you leave the house next time op

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Sorry now,I dont get this.
    So there was 2 people standing at machines and you go in between them to what i assume is a electrical relay box or something? Thinking it is a ticket machine and then think that the screen for that machine is on the other machine which another person is standing at?

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Sorry now,I dont get this.
    So there was 2 people standing at machines and you go in between them to what i assume is a electrical relay box or something? Thinking it is a ticket machine and then think that the screen for that machine is on the other machine which another person is standing at?

Luas machines look like this:
    http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/104fb5e8fe0f48ca9f01379183b7fc24/man-buying-a-ticket-from-machine-on-platform-in-luas-light-rail-system-d0ea6y.jpg

Imagine if someone else at machine on left... and if bloke on right then shifts to the right when putting in card / cash paying for ticket, a bit of a 'gap' appears in the middle and may give the appearance of an extra machine if you're caffine / sleep deprived like the OP.
    This probably led to him pressing the screen and cancelling the ticket to the disbelief and ire of bloke on right! :D
    I could see how it's done tbf!

• Advertisement

You had to literally reach over his shoulder to press the cancel button...so he must have been standing right in front of the machine.... facing the machine....mid purchase....and you thought he wasnt using the machine??

maybe 'literally reach over his shoulder" wasnt quite right. he was standing to the right of the machine as he was putting his money in.

Advertisement