Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self addressed letter to USA, help!

Options
  • 06-05-2016 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I have to send a letter to USA with a self addressed envelope included.
    What's the story with stamps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

You have to lick the stamp before you put it on or else it keeps falling off. Took me a few goes myself to figure that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭milehip

Oh dear.i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

You have to lick the stamp before you put it on or else it keeps falling off. Took me a few goes myself to figure that out :)

Ya wha!! So ive spent a fortune on sellotape like a chump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Just go to the post office and ask. Seems the most logical solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The anpost website would have been a good place to start I would have thought.

http://postage.anpost.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

About 6 stamps should do, anything after that and your foot will get sore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Go to your local post b office and ask for an "International reply coupon "

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Post your reply here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

and make sure it is a 'b' office you go to, not the ordinary post office (and definitely not a c office).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

eamonnq wrote: »
    and make sure it is a 'b' office you go to, not the ordinary post office (and definitely not a c office).

Definitely not the r office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

You have to lick the stamp before you put it on or else it keeps falling off.

You caveman. OP invest in a little sponge pad which you can keep moistened with water before elegantly draping the reverse side of your stamps across the surface to activate the glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Envelope eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think you can. International reply vouchers and postal orders are now gone. Money orders are only available for national use. You could send a Western Union payment or arrange for a Paypal or similar payment, if the firm you are dealing with will accept it. If you have any contacts in the US you could ask them to buy a few stamps for you. Or you could try this http://www.stamps.com/landing/?source=si10847906&subsource=79855046&gclid=CjwKEAjwgbG5BRDp3oW3qdPiuCwSJAAQmoSDonzk4m-ZrCeWAxhZL1HsUK_oe6L6Q_rmX7PVTMC1VxoCkbHw_wcB

Ask for a pdf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I have some USA stamps you can have if you send me a stamped addressed envelope. (and I am perfectly serious here). PM me with your details and how much postage you need. The stamps have been sitting in a drawer in my office for years and someone may as well use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Envelope + mismatched stamp sizes + OCD = Cold sweat + ruler. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

OK, wait. Self-addressed envelope, or self-addressed stamped envelope?

If the former, all they want is an envelope addressed to you so they don't have to do the work (or supply the stationery) themselves. If the latter, all that matters is that you arrange for the envelope to be sent back to you prepaid. If you have a FedEx or DHL account, for example, you can just attach a filled-out slip with your account number on it (I've done this when I was a secretary).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

SuperS54 wrote:
    You caveman. OP invest in a little sponge pad which you can keep moistened with water before elegantly draping the reverse side of your stamps across the surface to activate the glue.

Or...

You can use the already got glue on them that you peel of the paper stamps....
    No licking involved ..

The OP is just looking for USA stamps for his Self Addressed Envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

BailMeOut wrote: »
    The OP is just looking for USA stamps for his Self Addressed Envelope.

Is he though ? Is he really just looking for USA stamps for his Self Addressed Envelope ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is he though ? Is he really just looking for USA stamps for his Self Addressed Envelope ?

Yes that's exactly what he's looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

looksee wrote: »
    I don't think you can. International reply vouchers and postal orders are now gone. Money orders are only available for national use. You could send a Western Union payment or arrange for a Paypal or similar payment, if the firm you are dealing with will accept it. If you have any contacts in the US you could ask them to buy a few stamps for you. Or you could try this http://www.stamps.com/landing/?source=si10847906&subsource=79855046&gclid=CjwKEAjwgbG5BRDp3oW3qdPiuCwSJAAQmoSDonzk4m-ZrCeWAxhZL1HsUK_oe6L6Q_rmX7PVTMC1VxoCkbHw_wcB
    That website seemed perfect and they were even giving a $5 free allowance which would have been ideal.
    Until I saw this;
    "We are sorry to hear that you want to discontinue your Stamps.com service. In order to do so, please call us at our toll-free number 1-888-434-0055 Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time. One of our Customer Care Representatives will be happy to assist you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ask yer granny, and then show her how to send an email in return! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes that's exactly what he's looking for.

Then it ain't gonna happen.

That website seemed perfect and they were even giving a $5 free allowance which would have been ideal.
    Until I saw this;
    "We are sorry to hear that you want to discontinue your Stamps.com service. In order to do so, please call us at our toll-free number 1-888-434-0055 Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time. One of our Customer Care Representatives will be happy to assist you."

my offer still stands - I have some USA stamps (around $15 of them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Was in London on holidays and just couldn't get a stamp to stay on the postcard no matter how much saliva I used.

Turns out that you aren't supposed to spit on the Queen's face.

Advertisement