Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Refused BTEA previous 3rd level (lesser) Qualification

• 05-05-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ expatoz

Hi
    I am currently on a disability allowance and applied for BTEA last year for 1st year of a NFQ Level 8 Degree course, I was refused BTEA on the grounds that i hold an equivalent higher lever qualification, which i don't my prior qual is a NFQ Level 7 Diploma. I was accepted as progressing by SUSI and advised by the office of the Minister for Education that i was progressing. I was advised by Intreo to stay on Disability allowance and do the course as i would keep all my supplementary benefits, which turned out to be not the case and have lost all my allowances except for disability. I have rang the disability BTEA section and am trying to get onto BTEA but they are adamant that [email protected] not progressing till the 4th year, where the information on the DSP site states that you can't progress from Level 7 degree course to level 8 but nothing about Level 7 Diploma course to Level 8, can anyone make any sense of this to me, i'm getting conflicting stories from every department. I did the Level 7 Diploma in 2002 if that makes any difference and paid for it out of my own pocket
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭ Sup08

expatoz wrote: »
    Hi
    I am currently on a disability allowance and applied for BTEA last year for 1st year of a NFQ Level 8 Degree course, I was refused BTEA on the grounds that i hold an equivalent higher lever qualification, which i don't my prior qual is a NFQ Level 7 Diploma. I was accepted as progressing by SUSI and advised by the office of the Minister for Education that i was progressing. I was advised by Intreo to stay on Disability allowance and do the course as i would keep all my supplementary benefits, which turned out to be not the case and have lost all my allowances except for disability. I have rang the disability BTEA section and am trying to get onto BTEA but they are adamant that [email protected] not progressing till the 4th year, where the information on the DSP site states that you can't progress from Level 7 degree course to level 8 but nothing about Level 7 Diploma course to Level 8, can anyone make any sense of this to me, i'm getting conflicting stories from every department. I did the Level 7 Diploma in 2002 if that makes any difference and paid for it out of my own pocket
    Thanks

Your 2002 Level 7 diploma maybe the equivalent of a current NFQ level 8 and therefore would make you ineligible for funding as not progressing. You can try contact QQI to find out what the equivalent level your diploma is on the NFQ.

Advertisement