Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working out the annual cost of a Tumble Dryer

Options
  • 05-05-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

This is probably a silly, obvious question but I'm looking to get a new heat pump tumble dryer which are the most efficient. The cost between an A+ and an A++ is substantial (€160) so I'm just trying to work out how much each would cost to run. According to the specs -
    A+ model = 270.0 kWh per year, based on 160 drying cycle
    A++ model = 236.0 kWh per year, based on 160 drying cycle

So, it's a difference of around 35 kWh per year. We are with Energia so I’m paying about €14 per kWh.
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-prices

This works out at a saving of €490 per annum. This can hardly be right, can it?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Its 14c per kWh.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Does the white house not have free power?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

kenon wrote: »
    Its 14c per kWh.

Aaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Does the white house not have free power?

Very forward think is Obama, he is looking into these things now for when he is kicked out later this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You'd be hard pressed to make up the difference, also with tumble dryers to achieve a low rating they add a cool button to run it cold which few people do. So your actual consumption is up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Does it use water too ?

It might be cheaper to put clothes through another spin cycle to remove more of the water first ?

Advertisement