Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia 1.2 Tsi 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it just the photos or is the passenger side of that car poorly repaired and painted? Front and rear doors don't look flush with each other to me or it could just be the sunlight.

Engine wise, the 1.2 TSi has a turbo and in 105bhp form it is ample enough. Light years ahead of the old 1.4 litre 75/80bhp that most people bought in the past. Need to watch the timing chain on them though, they have been known to get noisy from stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's plenty for it, more bhp than the older model 1.6 had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I'd be with Bazz - paint finish looks off on the passenger side. The lack of badges on the back would have me checking out for signs of damage repair there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I will check the passenger side door, yes I noticed that the Octavia badge is missing from the boot lid right side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't like that car. I'd be looking at another one OP if you're dead set on an Octavia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Photos are poor quality alright but may just be the sunlight. It would want careful checking in the flesh though.

As regards the 1.2tsi engine 105bhp it is plenty for the car. My OH has had 2 a 2011 and a current 141. Plenty engine in the car for normal driving even fully loaded. She has only put up 75k on them though couldn't really comment on the longevity of the engines but she had no problem, touch wood, with them. They are int he Octavia from late 2010 and in the VW's from earlier than that in golfs / polo etc so there must be models out there with considerable milage now.

I have found the 1.2tsi to be reasonably economical as well it will easily do in the low 40's MPG and I wouldn't say herself is the most economically minded driver. On shorter spins tipping around locally it out does my 2ltr diesel on economy all be it the diesel would win out on longer motorway trips

Seems to be new photos taken, still for sale.

I did not go in the end to take a look as I was put off by the comments on here

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/octavia/used-2010-skoda-octavia-octavia-dublin-fpa-200914634201689440

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

kravmaga wrote: »
    Seems to be new photos taken, still for sale.

I did not go in the end to take a look as I was put off by the comments on here

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/octavia/used-2010-skoda-octavia-octavia-dublin-fpa-200914634201689440

Geez, would they bloody clean the lens on the camera! No wonder people are put off by the photos, the lens is filty! You can see it especially on the interior & dash photos.

But, as others have said, the LHS has zero shine (or is it the crap camera & a stupid editing effect), the boot badging is missing, the rear number plate is not straight, the swage line on the bottom of the rear left door doesn't appear to match the corresponding line on the front left door, etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

That left side looks well ropey. If it is repaired that badly it is odd that a main dealer would retail it and not send it to the trade.

I rang the sales guy in the dealership, i asked if it was ever crashed/ damaged / repaired. He said not to his knowledge, they sold the car from new in 2010.

Said it was used as a Taxi for 3 months??? I mentioned about the Octavia badge missing from the boot lid. Said they would replace badge and offer a 6 month parts and labour warranty.

I still think its overpriced at €10.5 k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Feck that if it was a taxi.

Exactly, completely put me off it

Advertisement