Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Kept their Funny Atlantic 252 Names?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭

Prompted by a reference to Rick O'Shea on another thread, I had this idle thought. Who, like Rick O'Shea, have kept the funny names that they used on Atlantic 252?

The first name that comes to mind (after Rick!) is Dusty Rhodes, former 2FM and Q102 presenter, and a digital radio supremo.

If I'm not mistaken, Robin Banks continued with that name.

Arguably, you could include Nails Mahoney as he changed back to that name in recent years, having been Brian McColl on 98FM and 4FM for a while.

Obviously, forget about those who did not bother with a funny name while with Atlantic 252!

So have you any more examples?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Sandy Beech

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

As far as I can make out, Cliff Walker is still using that name, and is a voiceover artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Wasn't just confined to Atlantic (well maybe the silly names were ;))
    Tony Fenton (RIP), Barry Lang, Simon Young... Off the top of my head - none of those were their real names afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tony Fagan just doesn't have the same ring to it

http://www.atlantic252.com/133

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Wasn't just confined to Atlantic (well maybe the silly names were ;))
    Tony Fenton (RIP), Barry Lang, Simon Young... Off the top of my head - none of those were their real names afaik!

Many deejays over the years have used false names, largely because they did not want to use their names while on pirate stations.

But that is not what this thread is about. See title!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Henry Owens RIP (born Henry Condon) was still using Henry Owens when he moved into voiceover and management roles. I think he was known by his real surname when launching RedFM in Cork.
    As others have mentioned adopting a fake radio name dated back to pirate radio and fear of prosecution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Seymour Butts on Limerick's Live 95fm.

Advertisement