Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial titles 2016

Options
  • 04-05-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Lads, my local bookies is doing a special on Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all to win provincial titles @ 7/1. Should I lump on it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Donegal are the dodgy one there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,063 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Stoner wrote: »
    Donegal are the dodgy one there imo.

Yep totally agree.

They are playing poorly and are likely to have to face Monaghan and Tyrone to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

1\16
    2\5
    8\15
    9\4

Adds up to roughly 13\2. Slightly enhanced special. You'd probably make more backing Donegal game by game through Ulster. Throw in Kerry V Cork too if you like.

Should you lump on? No IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thegooche

Thanks lads. I was thinking Monaghan is my only threat really, but at the same time Donegal could be a whole new team come the business end...

Thegooche wrote: »
    Thanks lads. I was thinking Monaghan is my only threat really, but at the same time Donegal could be a whole new team come the business end...

Ahem....Tyrone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Thegooche wrote: »
    Lads, my local bookies is doing a special on Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Donegal all to win provincial titles @ 7/1. Should I lump on it?

No!

You would be better having a bet on Tyrone to win Ulster @ 9/4.

Or indeed whacking on Mayo at 4/9 to win Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd go Tyrone for Ulster but thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

corny wrote: »
    Ahem....Tyrone.
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    No!

You would be better having a bet on Tyrone to win Ulster @ 9/4.

A licence to print money imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DoctaDee wrote: »

I think they're rightly favourites, but they're by no means so far in front that you could make the above statement. Any of the top 3 teams in Ulster will be confident of winning, but Tyrone have the slightly easier path. Assuming they get to the final, they'll have done so without playing any Division 1 opposition all year. I'm also assuming one of Monaghan and Donegal will be there, but they'll have had better tests up to that point.

If I was to pick a winner now I'd probably side with Tyrone, but I wouldn't be lumping on them.

DoctaDee wrote: »

Yeah you're right. Mayo are really slipping under the radar this year imo. Although they've never won in September they are a remarkably consistent side. A side easily better than all comers in Connacht for sure.

I'm off to the bookies.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement