Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford city forum used to be fun and busy... What happened??

Options
  • 04-05-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

A few years ago I was an avid reader of this forum but not a contributor.. I am not a Waterford native but moved here and never managed to leave..

It used to be fun with lots of threads that were informative as well as comedy gold..

Those guys seemed to disappear so I stopped coming here..

So what happened?? Did everyone grow up?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It was Sully.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

In a nutshell User Bans, The Modding , Curtailment and Censorship of Posts and the relegation of all politically related posts to the political magathread

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Remember that this is a business not a place for you to have fun. Any action which is deemed inappropriate including laughing will be eliminated and the users responsible will be banned immediately by the Boards.ie elite moderation team which arent paid yet dont seem to attract the same criticism as Jobbridge employees.

Also people discovered Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shannow1979

Ah... Makes sense so.. Pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

boards.ie is dying on its arse.

A forum needs "cheerleaders" rather than janitors, and the mods here as elsewhere have little interest in the forum in question. So they don't engage with users, other than to just tell them off every so often.
    Also people discovered Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterford/new/ not exactly a hot bed, though I suppose the main r/ireland features Waterford stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭BBM77

I got removed from a member’s only forum once. The reason given was because I was not making enough posts. Strange logic, not making enough post - solve it by preventing the user from making any! Me thinks a few inches were being added to places they don’t exist in reality!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

So what happened?? Did everyone grow up?!
    They emigrated from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

One word: moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I think Facebook has more to do with it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Boards has been quite as a whole not just this forum but around Christmas it was really quite maybe one post a day and then the downtime at the start of the year that lasted about a week it didnt help things,if they go ahead with the planned layout changes and just force it on people then it will be the final nail in the coffin for boards and this forum.

And people have facebook/twitter/reddit if they want info i think theres over 2 million Waterford related pages on facebook now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And people have facebook/twitter/reddit if they want info i think theres over 2 million Waterford related pages on facebook now ;)

thank god ive never had a facebook account. thats a lot of s*ite to be flicking through:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We used to have the movie club and the night out a few years back but they stopped

Facebook and redit have taken over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    thank god ive never had a facebook account. thats a lot of s*ite to be flicking through:)

I was only joking with the 2 million but there is a lot seems to be a group for everything

Advertisement