Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad dreams where you're in a hotel?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 2:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭

I tend to have a lot of these.

They are usually the following:

A: I arrive to check in and the room hasn't been paid for
    B: I'm trying to find the bar in the hotel and get lost. Dream has a lot of stairs.
    C: I go into the lifts and they go to every floor bar the one I'm supposed to be on. Dream usually includes something involving fear of heights.
    D: I'm wandering around establishment looking for room. Feeling lost.
    E: I go to get breakfast and I wake up

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

Oh and there is usually a balcony involved.

and stairs. stairs in old houses and lifts in hotels/airports. They all feature in the same dream! They are very distressing dreams might I mention! I'm either lost, broke, missing a flight etc. And I feel the distress in the dream and wake up distressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Forgotten password to fabswingers.

Forgotten password to fabswingers.

Eh????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Sounds like you you need to stay in a hotel for real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Used to happen me all the time when I'd stay in Russell Court after Dicey's.

I have stayed in hotels thank you.

This is not about hotels lol.

This is about why I'm dreaming that I'm staying at hotels and catching flights. Or missing them.

They are more like nightmares really. It's always me racing to reach a flight or just missing a flight etc. It's always high stress drama in my dreams (no wonder I look wrecked tired!). A lot of them recently involve ships and they are worse because they involve me being in the ship getting wrecked against trees and ground.

What the hell is wrong with me? I'm almost 40 and have never been scared on any transport method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Is there someone trying to jump off the balcony? Have you tried testing your totem?

Maybe you're asleep right now and the hotel is the reality.

Is there someone trying to jump off the balcony? Have you tried testing your totem?

Maybe you're asleep right now and the hotel is the reality.

In the nightmares yes, I'm going to jump off.

Can I clarify that my dreams and real life are totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The manageress smiles at me.

Then I wake up in the car park.

Not your ornery onager

Is it tiredness or what? I can't cope with much more ****e. I'm tired. Why am I dreaming about mazes of staircases? I've no patience left.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Is it tiredness or what? I can't cope with much more ****e. I'm tired. Why am I dreaming about mazes of staircases? I've no patience left.

Have another sherry for yourself.

I thought I would meet Irish natives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I usually dream that I have started a thread and that I keep on posting to myself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had a dream last night and in the dream I was watching a movie where Steve Buscemi played a transgender serial killer who lived on a plot that was a cross between the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Wolf Creek, and they kept getting away with their gruesome crimes because the police were hunting for a woman and Buscemi's character was living as a man. That secret was supposed to be a twist (probably directed by M. Night Shyamalan) but my ex girlfriend turned up and spoilered it for me half way through.

My subconscious is fecked, folks. I really don't know where that came from. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Is there something in your life that is currently stressing you out? Are you worried or anxious about anything at the moment, or an event coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Can I clarify that my dreams and real life are totally different.

But how would you know? What if what you consider to be reality is a mere construct of your subconscious and in reality you really were in that hotel and, having found the bar, and the balcony, an accident left you in a coma.

Of course, that would mean we're all figments of you imagination but maybe we're here to try and get you to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

But how would you know? What if what you consider to be reality is a mere construct of your subconscious and in reality you really were in that hotel and, having found the bar, and the balcony, an accident left you in a coma.

Of course, that would mean we're all figments of you imagination but maybe we're here to try and get you to wake up.

So Bob is the reason for everything bad in my life that has happened, he dreamt it that way.

Nice one Bob!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

B: I'm trying to find the bar in the hotel and get lost. Dream has a lot of stairs.

That's not a dream. It's a fvckin nightmare! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

C: I go into the lifts and they go to every floor bar the one I'm supposed to be on.
    I had one similar to this once where I was trying to buy a tram ticket from a machine and it just wouldn't give me the right ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

As a qualified dream interpreter I can tell you that you possibly have super aids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Dreaming about staircases/mazes/labyrinths is usually a portent of uncertain times ahead, when you literally won’t know if you’re coming or going.
    If the dreamer finds his way out & wasn’t particularly concerned about it, then whatever problems you face will be set right & you can get on with your life.
    If the dreamer was frightened, panicked & kept running into dead ends, then the dream is telling him that it’s vital to calm down, try to relax & face whatever appears to be stopping him from doing what he wants (according to my knowledgeable OH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Dreaming about staircases/mazes/labyrinths is usually a portent of uncertain times ahead, when you literally won’t know if you’re coming or going.
    If the dreamer finds his way out & wasn’t particularly concerned about it, then whatever problems you face will be set right & you can get on with your life.
    If the dreamer was frightened, panicked & kept running into dead ends, then the dream is telling him that it’s vital to calm down, try to relax & face whatever appears to be stopping him from doing what he wants (according to my knowledgeable OH)
    Personally I think it's all waffle, but don't tell her I said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Add in cocaine & hookers and I think you're dreaming of being Ben Dunne.

Advertisement