Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current jobs market

Options
  • 03-05-2016 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm going to Canada on a working holiday in October. Could anyone advise me on how easy it is to find work in Canada at the moment and on which city or part of the country might be the best for finding work - probably bar work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What part are you heading to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LeinsterJC

Gintonious wrote: »
    What part are you heading to?

I'm looking at Vancouver or Calgary but I'd go anywhere really

Well each province has its own economy really. Alberta aint doing too great right now as oil isn't what it used to be.

B.C is quite good but Vancouver can be tricky to get work, although it really depends on what field you are in and what you want also.

Myself and couple of people I know who came over all got jobs fairly easily in Toronto, a couple of us in IT and Insurance and another in Marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pyro7046

Any idea what Vancouver is like for marketing jobs?

• Advertisement

Pyro7046 wrote: »
    Any idea what Vancouver is like for marketing jobs?

Not bad from what I hear, I have a few friends who work in it and it seems fairly good.

Some telco companies have big marketing departments also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hi there, can anyone advise on what the market is like for HR-Coordinator/Generalist jobs in Vancouver area? Thanks.

Advertisement