Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyjamas & dressing gown, a size larger than normal ?

Options
  • 03-05-2016 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hiya,going to hospital for a minor procedure, nothing serious. But I'm thinking I should probably get a new pyjamas and dressing gown. I am right in saying that one should opt for a size larger than one normally wears ?. Would those sold in Penney's or Dunnes would be ok ? Thoughts appreciated,thanks,s ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

For comforts sake I always go bigger. I don't think I've ever bought pyjamas in my own size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd say try them on, I've bought some in my normal size in penneys lately and found them quite loose. Which is fine with tops but the bottoms slip down a bit, annoying if it's just an elasticated waist without a drawstring. Dunnes have lovely lightweight pyjamas at the moment. TK Maxx, Next and M&S do lovely ones too if you're willing to spend a few bob more - can't beat the quality of Next's tops, they are so soft and comfy.
    Good luck with the procedure!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Definitely go bigger! I have very few pairs of pyjamas that are actually my size, I wear a lot of restricting clothes during the day so can't bear anything tight to relax in.

If it's something abdominal or to do with your upper legs you might actually be better off with nighties. If you're going to have any incisions where your underwear would be you'd also want to think about really soft seamless underwear - again in a bigger size.

Buy the cheapest slippers you can get to wear there or bring some old ones you're not that attached to from home and bin them at the hospital before you leave. My Mum and Nana both do this and i used to get annoyed when I was a kid but it makes total sense when you think about it, you're in a hospital and walking on the dirtiest places in the whole place you certainly don't want to be walking that through your house.

Best of luck with your procedure!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

My only experience of the hospital has been to have my babies (Rotunda) and it was so warm! I had a very light dressing gown-not a big fluffy one and that was plenty.
    I wore flip flops in the hospital rather than slippers.
    Best of luck with the procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Thanks all, can anyone recommend a reliable taxi service in Dublin ?that would collect me ?. Was told that there will be a hospital gown/nightwear, took a look in store in Next,Penny's and Dunne's but nothing really took my fancy.So I might make do with whatever they provide this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Thanks all, can anyone recommend a reliable taxi service in Dublin ?that would collect me ?. Was told that there will be a hospital gown/nightwear, took a look in store in Next,Penny's and Dunne's but nothing really took my fancy.So I might make do with whatever they provide this time.

For taxis, I've been using 8080800 for years, always bang on time and never waiting long if I order one at no notice.

I honestly would bring your own pjs. Hospital ones are horrible.

Is it important to remove nail polish prior to admission? Just read it in the information leaflet., just after getting them done yesterday because I would be 'out of circulation - for a a week or twoðŸ˜႒ does anyone know whether its strictly enforced ? ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Is it important to remove nail polish prior to admission? Just read it in the information leaflet., just after getting them done yesterday because I would be 'out of circulation - for a a week or twoðŸ˜႒ does anyone know whether its strictly enforced ? ðŸ˜႒

It will depend on what you're getting done.
    Ring and ask.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

They need to be able to see your natural nail as the blood flows underneath it. I remember learning that in first aid. They put pressure on your nail and watch how long it takes for the colour to return.

Thanks all,that makes sense,I'll be fine,glad to be getting it over soon,waiting can be the worst part....ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

Try it on first, some are big to begin with but if it's not then yes go up a size! Hospital beds are uncomfortable as is, the last thing you need is to be uncomfortable in the clothes you're wearing as well.

Try it on first, some are big to begin with but if it's not then yes go up a size! Hospital beds are uncomfortable as is, the last thing you need is to be uncomfortable in the clothes you're wearing as well.

Just to conclude, my own 'winter' pyjamas was too warm and I ended up remaining in the hospital 'gown', in recovery now,which is an excuse to abstain from household chores for a whileðŸ˜႒

Advertisement