Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure Wave Q

Options
  • 03-05-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

My HKC Secure Wave alarm panel audio has a 'muffled' sound when announcements are made. What could be the reason for this?, anyone else experience this and if so, what is the fix

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this the speaker from the Keypad?
    Anything obvious like dirt or a loose connection on the speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Correct, the keypad.

Nothing obvious from the outside, didn't open it. perhaps as you mention there might be an exposed wire

How do you open the Keypad, is it via the "tab" when you open the door, just pop it out? I assume you need first to enter the code? < I have this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes there is a screw behind that tap.
    It will register a tamper alert. Your code will turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

One further Q, will I still be able to punch in the code if I have the keypad opened up, would it not be detached?

Yes.
    You will see when you open it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement