Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insured twice with Liberty

Options
  • 03-05-2016 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I am with Liberty and when I went to renew my insurance the other day it would not let me in to the account online so I started a new quote assuming the old insurance would just end.

I have discovered today that the old insurance just rolls over and starts a new year. I have paid a deposit for a second policy now.

So basically I am insured twice in the same car. I read in the t&c's that if I have to cancel a policy within 14days I will be charged €50.

Has this happened to anyone else and what will happen in this situation?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Duffy320D wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am with Liberty and when I went to renew my insurance the other day it would not let me in to the account online so I started a new quote assuming the old insurance would just end.

I have discovered today that the old insurance just rolls over and starts a new year. I have paid a deposit for a second policy now.

So basically I am insured twice in the same car. I read in the t&c's that if I have to cancel a policy within 14days I will be charged €50.

Has this happened to anyone else and what will happen in this situation?

Thank you

Why don't you just call Liberty?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duffy320D

davo2001 wrote: »
    Why don't you just call Liberty?!

I have tried to call several times but cannot get through at the minute so my head is wrecked waiting around.

just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem and what I should expect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title changed to clarify what your issue is

You should expect them to take a minimal fee but refund you almost all of the money, this is the EU directive for a 2 week cooling off period.
    However I would try to pressure them to hand that 50 back too, effing leeches.

Keep ringing every day, maybe mail and go online and see if they have chat agents available on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duffy320D

biko wrote: »
    Title changed to clarify what your issue is

You should expect them to take a minimal fee but refund you almost all of the money, this is the EU directive for a 2 week cooling off period.
    However I would try to pressure them to hand that 50 back too, effing leeches.

Keep ringing every day, maybe mail and go online and see if they have chat agents available on their website

Perfect :) Thank you for that puts me at some bit of ease while I wait on the phone :L

Appreciate it lads

Advertisement