Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 12 final round on TV

Options
  • 03-05-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

does anybody know who is showing what game on Saturday at 3pm. There is no details on the pro 12 website

the only one listed is that sky will show ospreys v ulster.

tg4 just has rugbai beo

same with bbc wales final round game no details
    same with S4c
    BBc Ni I presume will show the ulster game

tks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

kooga wrote: »
    does anybody know who is showing what game on Saturday at 3pm. There is no details on the pro 12 website

the only one listed is that sky will show ospreys v ulster.

tg4 just has rugbai beo

same with bbc wales final round game no details
    same with S4c
    BBc Ni I presume will show the ulster game

tks

Sky get first exclusive pick of a game a round which means BBCNI can't show Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I presume Leinster v Treviso will be bottom of the list. Hopefully TG4 will fire up the red button again and have the Connacht and Munster games going.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Sky get first exclusive pick of a game a round which means BBCNI can't show Ulster.

Somebody better tell BBC NI that, because the game is in their schedules for Saturday.

icdg wrote: »
    Somebody better tell BBC NI that, because the game is in their schedules for Saturday.

guess I might be seeing problems where none exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

You've got to expect sky to show either the Connacht or Munster game. They are the two with the most riding on it for both teams. I would imagine they'd pick the Connacht Glasgow game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

guess I might be seeing problems where none exist

TG4 and Sky both showed the Connacht v Munster game. No reason that BBC NI and Sky won't both show Ospreys v Ulster.

TG4 and Sky both showed the Connacht v Munster game. No reason that BBC NI and Sky won't both show Ospreys v Ulster.

Sky had another match exclusively that weekend didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Yeah I think Sky get one match exclusively e.g. last weekend it was Ulster v Leinster, and they can show as many of the other games as they want (non-exclusively). You'd imagine (and I hope) they'd go for Connacht V Glasgow and leave TG4 to show Munster v Scarlets. Nearly every game has something riding on it though. I guess everyone's waiting for Sky to make a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

The sky call is

Ospreys V Ulster
    Guinness PRO12, Sky Sports 1 HD (14:45)

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ospreys-vs-ulster/76164

kooga wrote: »
    The sky call is

Ospreys V Ulster
    Guinness PRO12, Sky Sports 1 HD (14:45)

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ospreys-vs-ulster/76164

Interesting.

It would be great to have a Sky Sports football style minute by minute updates going around the grounds but I know that won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Yeah I think Sky get one match exclusively e.g. last weekend it was Ulster v Leinster, and they can show as many of the other games as they want (non-exclusively). You'd imagine (and I hope) they'd go for Connacht V Glasgow and leave TG4 to show Munster v Scarlets. Nearly every game has something riding on it though. I guess everyone's waiting for Sky to make a call.

If Sky went for Connacht vs Glasgow then many viewers in the west wouldn't see this match live whereas with TG4 coverage more would.

If Sky went for Connacht vs Glasgow then many viewers in the west wouldn't see this match live whereas with TG4 coverage more would.

I don't think Sky really care. Anyway looks like it's the Ulster v Ospreys match they're going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Nuvolari are showing a game that is of no interest to us here. TG4 I think tweeted that they will be showing Connacht; Sky have Ulster; S4C will show a game and BBC Wales will show a game. BBC Alba don't have rugby scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

S4C
    Clwb Rygbi - Munster v Scarlets
    The Scarlets travel to Munster for the final round of the 2015/16 Guinness PRO12. Kick off is at 3.00. English sound-track available.Kick off is at 3.00. English sound-track available via the red button on Sky, Freeview or Virgin Media. Freesat viewers should use the audio selection option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The Connacht-based meeja shafting Leinster again. Typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Sickening isn't it. It's been almost a week since the last Leinster game was on tv. I bet that's Enda Kennys fault.

Sat 7 May15:00 Connacht Rugby v Glasgow Warriors Sportsground TG4/BBC Scot
    Sat 7 May15:00 Edinburgh Rugby v Cardiff Blues BT Murrayfield BBCW
    Sat 7 May15:00 Leinster Rugby v Benetton Treviso RDS Arena
    Sat 7 May15:00 Munster Rugby v Scarlets Thomond Park S4C
    Sat 7 May15:00 Ospreys v Ulster Rugby Liberty Stadium Sky/BBCNI
    Sat 7 May16:00 Zebre Rugby v Newport Gwent Dragons Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭b.gud

And on the same day we yet again poach one of your players ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

I wonder which fixture RTE would have covered???

Nah, we all know which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

eezipc wrote: »
    Sickening isn't it. It's been almost a week since the last Leinster game was on tv. I bet that's Enda Kennys fault.

TG4 website lists the Munster game on the red button also.

• Advertisement

eezipc wrote: »

Strange decision of BBC2W to show Edinburgh vs Cardiff as Cardiff have nothing to play for. Edinburgh have very slim chance of CC qualification so I suppose those with satellite in Scotland who support Edinburgh will see this game. Saorview red button has favoured Munster rather than Leinster as Leinster match is probably seen as a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Is that not the case no matter who Sky show?

To be fair the Leinster Treviso does have things riding on it. IF Treviso somehow managed to win they'd qualify for the Champions Cup and Leinster could miss out on a home semi final.

Every game has something to play for which is brilliant for the league. There is hope for it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Glad they'll have a few cameras at the Leinster game anyway, in case of plays/scores that effect other results.

bilston wrote: »

Yes but the point I was making was that the OP was hoping Connacht vs Glasgow was Sky's exclusive pick and if this had been the case many viewers out west would have missed out. Much better that the top 2 sides in the League are shown live on TG4 which has greater number of viewers than if it had been shown exclusively on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I think it's disgraceful that all the games are on that same time. There should be one on Friday night, 3 on Saturday afternoon/night and then 2 on Sunday afternoon. That way I get to watch them all live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

phog wrote: »

I wonder will anyone be showing the Leinster match. I can see a lot of people in the RDS on Saturday with their heads stuck in their phones!

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I think it's disgraceful that all the games are on that same time. There should be one on Friday night, 3 on Saturday afternoon/night and then 2 on Sunday afternoon. That way I get to watch them all live.

And all on free-to-air TV, with English-language commentary, and Nigel Owens to ref all six games.

• Advertisement

There are going to be lots of questions on this across all the various threads so:

Connacht v Glasgow is on:
    - TG4
    - BBC One Scotland (this can be received through a Sky box or other satellite received, see below).

The Munster v Scarlets game is on:
    - Saorview red button
    - UPC channel 602.
    - TG4.ie
    - S4C (channel 134 on Sky)

Ospreys v Ulster is on:
    - Sky Sports 1
    - BBC Northern Ireland

Leinster v Treviso: NO coverage

Tuning in BBC One Scotland:
    Transponder 47
    Frequency: 10.80275 GHz