Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load CD Rom onto Samsung Galaxy Pro Tablet

Options
  • 03-05-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All

I have a theory test for a bus licence coming up at the end of the month so i have bought the official Theory Test CD Rom from Easons.

I was wondering if anyone knows how i might be able to load this onto my Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1 tablet (if it is at all possible)?

I would greatly appreciate any help as the screen is broken on my laptop which is making it difficult for me.

Thanks
    Dolongit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

dolongit wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a theory test for a bus licence coming up at the end of the month so i have bought the official Theory Test CD Rom from Easons.

I was wondering if anyone knows how i might be able to load this onto my Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1 tablet (if it is at all possible)?

I would greatly appreciate any help as the screen is broken on my laptop which is making it difficult for me.

Thanks
    Dolongit

If it's just the screen broken and it has HDMI output connect it to the TV?
    The CD ROM isn't designed for the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dolongit

Thanks HowardMarks

The Laptop doesnt have a HDMI output but it does have VGA .. I could do it that way.

I was just looking for the convenience of having it on a tablet if it was possible.

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dolongit wrote: »
    Thanks HowardMarks

The Laptop doesnt have a HDMI output but it does have VGA .. I could do it that way.

I was just looking for the convenience of having it on a tablet if it was possible.

Thanks for your reply

The issues is if the CD ROM has software on it, that is most likely designed for a computer, and as such, would not run on a tablet. So even if you could copy it over, it may not work as you expect.

Also, chances are, the CD is copy-protected, preventing you from copying it anywhere.

The most direct way I can think of doing it, notwithstanding the above, is to put the CD into a working laptop, get a memory card and copy what you can onto that memory card. Then you can put the memory card into the tablet. Alternatively, you could use a cable from a working laptop to the tablet.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

The CD is for PCs only, and won't work at all on a tablet, due to the different operating systems, so theres no point in trying to copy any files over.

OP, theres an online version you can practice on, using your tablet, here: https://www.officialdttonline.ie/index.aspx

Advertisement