Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone . .

Options
  • 03-05-2016 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Or Phoenix, Arizona?

Where are you going in the morning? Anywhere exciting? I'm going to my garage to change a wheel bearing on a van then ALDI for a bit of shopping.

Spill!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm going to the shop for a coffee, then to my desk in my house.

Thrilling stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm going to the shop for a coffee, then to my desk in my house.

Thrilling stuff altogether.
    Somebody better spice this thread up quick or people will think there's nothing but boring old farts on boards.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You should have started this thread two or three days ago, not the night before (nearly) everyone returns to work after a bank holiday weekend!

I was working in Cameroon last week.

I'm doing nothing exciting tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

This morning, I'm going to woolworths and the atm to pay the rent.

The week days are boring, but at the weekend we'll probably be heading out to Bondi.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You should have started this thread two or three days ago, not the night before (nearly) everyone returns to work after a bank holiday weekend!

I was too busy then!:pac:

Even so, some of ye might be going somewhere exciting for work. Was chatting to two lads today, one was going to Mongolia to work on wind turbines, the other was going to deliver 400Mb internet to an Australian cattle station. That's exciting. Kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

I'm currently sitting on a plane travelling to Dubai and then on to Perth. Out working in Australia for the next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

**** San Antone. Show me the way to Amarillo.

pocketse wrote: »
    I'm currently sitting on a plane travelling to Dubai and then on to Perth. Out working in Australia for the next month.

Don't envy you that journey. Unless you're in first..?

Fleawuss wrote: »
    I'll detour you via 29 palms , it's a crazy situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

Don't envy you that journey. Unless you're in first..?

Nope, not this time. Did manage to fly home from Australia in business with Emirates before tho. It was €600 to upgrade at the checkin desk and the boss paid for it. Savage experience having a bed. Got home completely refreshed. I'd kill for it right now.

pocketse wrote: »
    Nope, not this time. Did manage to fly home from Australia in business with Emirates before tho. It was €600 to upgrade at the checkin desk and the boss paid for it. Savage experience having a bed. Got home completely refreshed. I'd kill for it right now.

I suppose you just have to be grateful it's not a longer journey... Did 24 hours a few months ago it could be considered a form of torture.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

St Vincents Hospital to the Cardiac Clinic to see a consultant about a cardiac test I did over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'll be going to the toilet now very shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Somebody better spice this thread up quick or people will think there's nothing but boring old farts on boards.:pac:

Speaking of which, its OAP morning in the surf club this mornin.

That's where I'm headed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Candie wrote: »
    I was working in Cameroon last week.

I'm doing nothing exciting tomorrow though.

What were you doing there? Oh, and I'm going to The Hague this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I went to work, it wasn't very exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went to work too, but it was very exciting. A 1.8km cycle! Two sets of traffic lights. Both were red when I got to them. Even though I'm mad, I waited for the green before proceeding.

Going to work...TO THE EXTREME!!!!

(And I had porridge for breakfast.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

I went to work too, but it was very exciting. A 1.8km cycle! Two sets of traffic lights. Both were red when I got to them. Even though I'm mad, I waited for the green before proceeding.

Going to work...TO THE EXTREME!!!!

(And I had porridge for breakfast.)

I was thinking of having three Weetabix for breakfast.
    I thought about it.

• Advertisement

HensVassal wrote: »
    What were you doing there? Oh, and I'm going to The Hague this morning.

The trip was not memorable for the work, more for the excitement of the locals I was working with when I said I grew up in the UK and in Ireland.

"Jack Charlton!!"

"Pressure! Put under pressure!"

"Paki! Paki!" - that one confused me enormously. Turns out it's a goalkeeper.

I had to get in touch with a football savvy cousin in Ireland to tell me what it was all about. Apparently the Cameroonians really enjoyed watching Ireland play in a World Cup almost 30 years ago. Everyone mentioned it to me.

I was only born in '87, it's not like I was ever going to know what they were talking about!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Candie wrote: »
    The trip was not memorable for the work, more for the excitement of the locals I was working with when I said I grew up in the UK and in Ireland.

"Jack Charlton!!"

"Pressure! Put under pressure!"

"Paki! Paki!" - that one confused me enormously. Turns out it's a goalkeeper.

I had to get in touch with a football savvy cousin in Ireland to tell me what it was all about. Apparently the Cameroonians really enjoyed watching Ireland play in a World Cup almost 30 years ago. Everyone mentioned it to me.

I was only born in '87, it's not like I was ever going to know what they were talking about!

Yep Packi Bonner was Ireland's very competent goalie in that world cup.

Fleawuss wrote: »

C*nt.

That song is stuck in my head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Going to my little pink house.

HensVassal wrote: »
    Yep Packi Bonner was Ireland's very competent goalie in that world cup.

As I was leaving the car at Yaounde airport, the driver leaned out the window and yelled "Jack! Ole! Ole" at me. I gave him the thumbs up.

I've no idea why. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Advertisement