Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Scrappage scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd wonder how long they've been sitting there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

since 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

These pics are at least 6 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Doesn't make it any easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The scrappage scheme in the USA was even worse. Thanks for reminding me of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A very sad sight indeed but you know what they say. All good things must come to on end and also nothing lasts forever.
    Just a pity that must of these cars were replaced with mk 1 Hyundai i10s instead of something special. Nothing wrong with Hyundai or i10s if all you want is basic transport to get you from A to B but when it was replacing classic cars like the ones in the picture it is very sad. I do not have anything against Hyundai by the way think they have improved greatly in the last decade or so and are making some really good cars now and will only get better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,747 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can they not be used for parts ?

What happens seized cars in Ireland that are not claimed.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Can they not be used for parts ?

What happens seized cars in Ireland that are not claimed.?

All gone to the great scrapyard in the sky now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Everyday when I cycle home the back roads I pass a scrap yard , I always think when I see all the cars stacked up, once somebody got excited going to collect that new car, and probably spent years paying for it.

If that wasn't sad enough I then saw fields and fields of retired airliners and jets, all perfect but due to emmisions and running costs parked up in the desert.

Advertisement