Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords offer on leisure batteries.

Options
  • 01-05-2016 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Needed to replace the leisure battery after the winter lie-up and was pleasantly surprised to find Halfords are currently (⚡️) doing 115Ah leisure batteries for €99 with a 2 year guarantee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Needed to replace the leisure battery after the winter lie-up and was pleasantly surprised to find Halfords are currently (⚡️) doing 115Ah leisure batteries for €99 with a 2 year guarantee.

They're; decent too as 'leisure batteries' go, plus 10% off if you have an axa card which you ghet via dolmen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I believe they're the same as these: http://www.yuasa.co.uk/batteries/leisure-marine-garden/leisure-batteries/l35-115.html

Good deal but do make sure the battery you get matches the spec and image on the website. I got one before and although the poles were different, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. When I weighed it at home, it was around 5 or 6 kg lighter than advertised.
    Brought it to Halfords attention and they had a replacement shipped out to me. I've always found them good when there's any issues with purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Recently I brought back a Halfords Silver battery (made by Bosch) that had a 5 year guarantee but wasn't holding charge for more than a couple of days. I had been doing a lot of short daily journeys and not many long ones, but this battery was supposed to be able to handle that.
    I couldn't find the receipt or even the credit card statement but I knew it was 4 years not 5 since I bought it. Short chat with the manager (at Mahon Point Retail park). Result? - no problem - he said ya look honest, and gave me a brand new Silver battery on the spot.
    That's twice I've had warranty issues with a Halfords product and each time no hassle replacement. Would recommend Halfords.

Advertisement