Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting like a cuckoo

Options
  • 01-05-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Given that cuckoos like people enjoy collecting ,I thought that this is the right place for people to discuss what they collect :) .
    A lot of my family members / friends collect different things including,stamps ,coins,matchboxes , buttons ,football programmes,postcards ,beer glasses ,harmonicas etc.

I collect boardgames and books ,and my collection takes up most the attic.my wife is waiting for the ceiling to collapse.:D
    I used to collect beer bottles of different types and got up to 400 before my wife asked me kindly to get rid of most of them.
    So how about you ,do you or any family members collect anything?.
    Dead bodies and earwax aside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I have a massive DVD collection. Literally taking over the house. I'll have to clear some presses to store them in some day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I have a massive DVD collection. Literally taking over the house. I'll have to clear some presses to store them in some day soon.

Any particular genre ,or a bit of everything?.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

A bit of everything really - I have a lot of TV box sets, old classics, musicals, war, westerns etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

A bit of everything really - I have a lot of TV box sets, old classics, musicals, war, westerns etc etc etc.

Yeah I have a few tv box sets,westerns,war and few old classics as well.i recently started getting a few documentaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I used to collect football shirts...I have about 30/35 mostly from the 80's and 90's and all Man United ones. They're in bags now in a box on top of the wardrobe but a few are worth well over a hundred quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I like to collect breath, I keep it in a containment units of my own design and construction. Never my own. NEVER. I have about 1,500 in my collection, (1,200 natural, 300 last). You are never alone when you lay on the breath. Once in a while I release one, it nourishes me, I no longer need food or water, just people, to...to share in the joy of collecting our most unappreciated resource. If interested a private viewing can be arranged, come alone! Breath and I shall find you.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I collect stamps, been at it all my life. My feet are pretty banged up from it... aý~ aý~ aý€

Advertisement