Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dangerous Maneuver - M50/Port Tunnel

Options
  • 01-05-2016 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

This happened earlier today coming out of the M50 tunnel heading towards the city - ignore the date/time stamp, it's wrong. I must update it :p

I was looking in my mirrors for merging cars so I knew nothing was there when I moved into the other lane, but damn, it was close enough with that truck.

https://youtu.be/cXWEy9YeUxY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

dutopia wrote: »
    This happened earlier today coming out of the M50 tunnel heading towards the city - ignore the date/time stamp, it's wrong. I must update it :p

I was looking in my mirrors for merging cars so I knew nothing was there when I moved into the other lane, but damn, it was close enough with that truck. On playback it doesn't seem like he has a wing mirror...

https://youtu.be/cXWEy9YeUxY

Well done for being on the ball it's a LHD truck so either you were in his blind spot or he didn't give a fook either way nasty accident avoided.. He has a mirror all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,014 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He didn't even put an indicator on, I'm surprised the trailer didn't lose control.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

He didn't even put an indicator on, I'm surprised the trailer didn't lose control.

That was mad manuover...

I don't think he had time to put indicator, or look in the mirror.
    Just seen direction sign, and probably he thought: "now or never - feck it".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you did report it??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Report op if was a motorcycle or someone not on the ball that could have been another number for this years road deaths.

I would expect that driving from a useless car driver.

Very reckless for a truck driver.

If you are in wrong lane you must stick to it there is always somewhere to get back.

• Advertisement

What's the point in reporting.
    It's a foreign truck which is most likely gone abroad now.

What do you think they can do to him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Blazer wrote: »
    you did report it??

No I haven't reported it... pity I can't see the reg, but since it's a foreign truck not much can be done probably.

Report op if was a motorcycle or someone not on the ball that could have been another number for this years road deaths.

I would expect that driving from a useless car driver.

Very reckless for a truck driver.

If you are in wrong lane you must stick to it there is always somewhere to get back.

All I can think of now is my 2 year old daughter is safe asleep in bed... she was in the car at the time. Could have easily been a different outcome.

CiniO wrote: »
    What's the point in reporting.
    It's a foreign truck which is most likely gone abroad now.

What do you think they can do to him now?

Because if he does it again and actually does injure or kill someone at the very least one would feel they tried.

That is no way to drive.

I wouldn't dream of doing that on a closed road.

Because if he does it again and actually does injure or kill someone at the very least one would feel they tried.

That is no way to drive.

I wouldn't dream of doing that on a closed road.

I'm not saying otherwise. That's a shocking driving.

But this doesn't change a fact, that no matter if reported or not, nothing will be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Absolutely report it and the tunnel people may have a camera pointed that way also.

CiniO wrote: »
    I'm not saying otherwise. That's a shocking driving.

But this doesn't change a fact, that no matter if reported or not, nothing will be done.

Believe me if you get the right cop something would/could be done.

If someone can get information off truck it should be reported.

Believe me if you get the right cop something would/could be done.

If someone can get information off truck it should be reported.

No, seriously.

What do you imagine can be done?
    It's a foreign driver in foreign car who is gone from Ireland now.

What is that right cop going to do - apply for extradition? or issue EU arrest warrant?

And even in unlikely case he is still in Ireland and they do catch him here before he leaves - then what?
    There are no procedures for fining foreign drivers in Irland (non residents).

Either way - nothing will be done.

Looks like this is their website: http://www.trawoeger.net/en/

Might send them an email.
    More than 35 years of professional experience and certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001, 14001, Fors are clear indicators for the competence of our skilled and well trained employees.

loool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Report it.
    You have the company name and records could indicate driver etc...
    I'd even send it to the haulier company themselves. No company wants idiot drivers like that in their cabs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like this is their website: http://www.trawoeger.net/en/

Might send them an email.

loool :D

Do that ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No I haven't reported it... pity I can't see the reg, but since it's a foreign truck not much can be done probably.

didn't realise it was foreign..pity..as someone posted the link to the company website it might worth emailing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Could you put the company name on YouTube title and send them the link :p

I emailed the company and they said they know who the driver is and will have a 'serious interview' when he gets back to Austria and they apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

His employer is most likely able to reprimand him more severely than the Gardaí.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Good on the company for responding very quickly. Very very dangerous maneuver

That's a great result op.

Obviously nobody wants a person to lose their job but that was a serious and possible life changing act he done.

Poor quality of driving and I would hazard a guess if the company is a good one and wants to protect it's name he would be at the least retrained in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That's a great result op.

Obviously nobody wants a person to lose their job but that was a serious and possible life changing act he done.

Poor quality of driving and I would hazard a guess if the company is a good one and wants to protect it's name he would be at the least retrained in house.

Imagine someone was in that lane when he swerved (also quite violently) into it.
    Serious injuries I'd say.

bear1 wrote: »
    Imagine someone was in that lane when he swerved (also quite violently) into it.
    Serious injuries I'd say.

True as I stated previous shocking driving.

Advertisement