Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Security certification confusion

Options
  • 01-05-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Ii am looking a doing the CCNA Security certification. I know with most industry certs you need so many years industry experience before you sit the exam and I am just wonding if this is the case with the CCNA certs?

I know as well that CCNA have prerequisite exams and I am wondering there is one that needs to be sat before taking the CCNA Security cert? I currently hold a degree in omputer security would this help me fast track to the CCNA Security cert without doing prerequisites or having industry experience if that is the case?

One last thing what is the difference between CCNA 640-802 and CCNA 210-260?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Most of the answers you are seeking are either on the Cisco website or a quick google away.

Your existing degree will be too general, thus will not give you a fast-track to the CCNA Security; you must achieve Cisco's pre-requisites (easiest route would be CCENT)

640-802 is both an expired exam and in a different track (routing & switching rather than security), so make sure you're looking at current exams on the correct subject. Again, best place to get this info is in the certification section of Cisco's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emmas

Most of the answers you are seeking are either on the Cisco website or a quick google away.

Your existing degree will be too general, thus will not give you a fast-track to the CCNA Security; you must achieve Cisco's pre-requisites (easiest route would be CCENT)

640-802 is both an expired exam and in a different track (routing & switching rather than security), so make sure you're looking at current exams on the correct subject. Again, best place to get this info is in the certification section of Cisco's website.

Moc moc a moc I have looked on the Cisco website and googled my queries with no success, hence why I have posted the query here in the hope that someone would have experience in this area.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Taken from the Cisco website - CCNA Security
    Prerequisites

Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.

210-260 IINS is the current exam

Taken from the Cisco website - CCNA Security

210-260 IINS is the current exam

I am wondering if one needs to be taken if I already have a degree. I am aware that there are prerequisites.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Your degree won't cover the prerequisites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

emmas wrote: »
    I am wondering if one needs to be taken if I already have a degree. I am aware that there are prerequisites.
    No you need to do a 200-120 to get full CCNA then you can do any side certs-sec,data etc,on your own time.

scamalert wrote: »
    No you need to do a 200-120 to get full CCNA then you can do any side certs-sec,data etc,on your own time.

Great, thanks scamslert for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

You only need to do the CCENT first. Which is also called the ICND1 100-101 Then you can move on to the CCNA security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

^^ seems your correct only CCENT is needed.

Advertisement