Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas fine.

Options
  • 01-05-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

My gf was fined in the luas for not tagging her leap card again.

I have a monthly tax saver ticket and i was rushing her to get the luas and she forgot to tag on.

The guy who fined said she can appeal if proof it was genuine. She uses the card multiple times a day every day but the problem is i cannot sent in proof as the registration number on the leap card is rubbed off and she never registered.

She wanted to log in to copy the very regular daily transactions.

Any ideas how to log on to get this if we cant get the number? Ive tried topping up on the leap card app but it doesnt return the leap number?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I honestly don't believe that the number has rubbed off, I have a card which was used on the trial before leap was even available to the public and it's not faded one bit... I smell someone trying to get off on a technicality.....

However I believe the taxsaver people will have a record of the card number to apply the monthly ticket to that particular card holder, you should contact leap and/or taxsaver and your employer in the unlikely event that your claim is honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If she tops up with a credit card at a terminal the receipt will have a ref no, call customer care and they should be able to trace the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

devnull wrote: »
    I honestly don't believe that the number has rubbed off, I have a card which was used on the trial before leap was even available to the public and it's not faded one bit... I smell someone trying to get off on a technicality.....

However I believe the taxsaver people will have a record of the card number to apply the monthly ticket to that particular card holder, you should contact leap and/or taxsaver and your employer in the unlikely event that your claim is honest.

No... i have a tax saver card monthly leap. She does not. I didn't ask weather you believe it or not i asked is there a way to find the registration number since she topped up on the leap card app and it gave no card number on the reciept.

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

ED E wrote: »
    If she tops up with a credit card at a terminal the receipt will have a ref no, call customer care and they should be able to trace the card.

Perfect good idea. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did she have have a previous fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Everybody: please keep on topic please!

By self and by better half both got bank cars at the same time -- mine is messed up while her's is nearly as good as new -- two people often won't have the same experience with many things.

Re previous fines: irrelevant.

Again: please keep on topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the inspectors - based on my experience of having lost a ticket - will tell you you have a case, in order to defuse a situation which could end up tense for them.
    but you admit she forgot to tag on. which means the error was hers, not with the luas. i suspect she will have trouble convincing them otherwise.

Advertisement