Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brass Stencils for dry embossing

Options
  • 01-05-2016 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I know these have been out of fashionrecently, but just wondering if they are still available in craft shops here. Haven't seen them around for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

I was curious after reading your post, didn't know what the craft was about but have been looking for information online since. It reminds me a little of copper tracing which I did once on a day course (loved it but it did my thumb in forever). All the stencils I've found are basically plastic but there are quite a number of brass stencils on ebay. Postage can be hefty though. Wish I could tell you more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I bought some stencils years ago and loved using them, however since I got an embossing machine I haven't bothered with them. Now I'd like to dig them out again and the light box because its such a gentle craft, you don't really need very much pressure, it depends on the thickness of your card. The postage charges are horrendous these days for just such a tiny item. Most of the Youtube videos demonstrating the craft are really not showing the results at their best. I have a book which is much better than those videos.

Advertisement