Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone else draw lines on the RSR?

Options
  • 30-04-2016 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

At the bottom of the outline plan and evaluation of sources so they could fit everything in? I was told you're allowed. I have big handwriting so I pretty much had to use the whole page. Will I still get the marks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

TSMGUY wrote: »
    At the bottom of the outline plan and evaluation of sources so they could fit everything in? I was told you're allowed. I have big handwriting so I pretty much had to use the whole page. Will I still get the marks?

I managed to cram everything into the space provided, but there was a few people in my class who, like you had rather big handwriting and drew some extra lines onto the page. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. The examiner would have to be an ignorant bollox to drop your marks.

The only event in which you would have a problem is if you inserted an extra sheet into your booklet, or finished your evaluation etc. in the back of your booklet instead of on the designated page. Once it is on the page they give you, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I drew lines in in pencil but then rubbed them out as I was told they could be counted as "added material". I wouldn't worry about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I drew lines in in pencil but then rubbed them out as I was told they could be counted as "added material". I wouldn't worry about it though.

This made me very worried! Your comment is like me asking if I should be worried I shared a needle with a druggie and you saying "I was gonna use a needle to inject drugs but I didn't cos' I heard it can give you AIDS. I wouldn't worry about it though" :eek:

I hope it isn't considered to be extra material.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

I wouldn't want to add to your worries, but I also drew faint lines in pencil and then rubbed them out, because my teacher told me that it was frowned upon to leave a permanent mark on the page. Again though, it would take an absolute pedant to penalise you for it, I'm sure.

DA7800 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to add to your worries, but I also drew faint lines in pencil and then rubbed them out, because my teacher told me that it was frowned upon to leave a permanent mark on the page. Again though, it would take an absolute pedant to penalise you for it, I'm sure.

F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They will be looking at your essay and given that you have said you have large writing will understand why you put in a few lines. You worry too much.

spurious wrote: »
    They will be looking at your essay and given that you have said you have large writing will understand why you put in a few lines. You worry too much.

I'm normally a pretty worried person but the LC turns me into a full-blown neurotic mess. I'll try to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

I have small writing but I drew a few extra lines just on the evaluation of sources in pencil. I reckon it's ok because there's no word count or anything for that particular page so it'd be pretty harsh to penalize you for analysing your sources more indepthly?
    Anyhooo I was so pissed off at the RSR at that point I didn't really give a crap anymore ;)

Advertisement