Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 weeks for P45

Options
  • 30-04-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

A new secretary just started in my business. She has been out of work about a fortnight after moving from the west. She has been told that her P45 will take about 6-7 to be issued from head office. I don't think that's acceptable, is it? My outgoing secretary was able to issue her own P45 before she left the office, using sage.

So now my new employee will be getting emergency tax until the P45 is issued. Can anything be done to fast track this for her? It's only PT work...around 20 hours PW, so any deduction will be felt I would imagine.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Tell her to get on to revenue with your company employer number and they'll issue a statement of tax credits in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

TheChizler wrote: »
    Tell her to get on to revenue with your company employer number and they'll issue a statement of tax credits in a few days.

Cheers. I had mentioned this already and so it's good to get a second thumbs up on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Yep just get her to transfer tax credits as said above. I did this myself in New job in February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Also tell her to write a letter to her former employer asking for the P45 using these words "the P45 which I am legally due". Once the employer sees the word "legally" they will get the finger out, or should do anyway. It helped me the last time.

Advertisement