Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Days in Eastern Europe

Options
  • 29-04-2016 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

I'll be travelling in the first week of July and am considering starting my trip in Prague, spending a few days there then maybe making my way on to Bratislava with a final stop in Budapest. I was also thinking of making a quick stop off in Brno on the way to Bratislava.

I would love recommendations from anyone who has been over that direction before, anything which I should add to the "must see/do" list. Should I maybe take a different path or is there anywhere along the way I absolutely must stop off and see.

I'm a lover of history, architecture, getting lost in winding streets, classical music (so will hoping to attend a couple of recitals/concerts) and natural beauty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

we were in Krakow two weeks ago, absolutely fab place, didn't know how beautiful it was, loved every minute....full of history. we did the tour for Auschwitz and the salt mines, highly recommend if you've not done these already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just back from Krakow - UNREAL! So pleasantly surprised with the place. Totally beautiful city, cheap as chips, lots to do.

I would say the same for Budapest, also.

We had 5 days in Krakow which was perfect. We had 4 days in Budapest which I felt was not enough.

Both equally brilliant places with different things to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

All booked, just need to go now, six days in both budapest and prague with an overnight in bratislava (decided to only spend the two days there).

Taking in a concert at the basilica in Budapest and also considering one of those bath parties.

Prague so far, another concert and a trip to a nuclear bunker. I think that'll do for the booking in advance, everything else I'll play it by ear.

Poland is a must visit at some point in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Check out the Turkish baths in Budapest,So good,also the ruin bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Check out the Turkish baths in Budapest,So good,also the ruin bars.

I did a Turkish bath in Turkey, with a large Turkish man! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement