Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might Create a new GW ... interested?

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

I was hoping to set up a champions league style GW but seems that cant be done, so the next best think I can see is a GWs with 2 Divisions of 8 teams in each ... Any one interested in this? I'm open to the type of clubs ... I already have a couple of GW's with 'lesser teams' so might do BIG hitters ... but if the appetite isnt there for that I'm open to suggestions ...

I want to keep the number of teams down which will hopefully guarantee a higher % of occupancy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

I was hoping to set up a champions league style GW but seems that cant be done, so the next best think I can see is a GWs with 2 Divisions of 8 teams in each ... Any one interested in this? I'm open to the type of clubs ... I already have a couple of GW's with 'lesser teams' so might do BIG hitters ... but if the appetite isnt there for that I'm open to suggestions ...

I want to keep the number of teams down which will hopefully guarantee a higher % of occupancy

I take it thats a no then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I take it thats a no then

To be fair, Baz just created one so you're better off waiting a while longer.

Also, the place is a bit flooded with leagues at the moment so there isn't much appetite for a new one just yet.

Lads ...

I'll try again ... but as initial interest on 'big hitters' league was ZERO ...

my thoughts are

empty squads ...
    small budget (10m or so) ...
    limit on rating you can buy players at (max 80) ...
    possibly increase the rating you can buy at every (few) seasons ...
    economy normal ...

What ya say ...

1. GT_TDI_150

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've far to many teams at the moment anyway. Sorry. :(

That said, the only league I'd have an appetite for is a "Small teams, one per nation" league where you can only by players the same nationality of your club. I know a similar league was set up here before, but I think the mistake that was made then was that any team could be picked, with the squads being empty and 300m in the bank.

At least with small teams (not empty) and with say 10m in the bank, it's suddenly a much more difficult prospect to build up a decent national team.

Of course, you also start with empty squads and throw in an extra 5/10 million so people have to build a squad with what is effectively pittance.

That's just my idea though, it is your league after all so have it set up whatever way you want to.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement