Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet goes live 11th May

Options
  • 29-04-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

According the the roll-out map our cabinet goes live on the 11th of may following a fiber upgrade.

Unfortunately the last copper bits will mean my connection remains abysmal.

The roll-out map shows that sweet blue line passing my door but I have seen no indication of fiber being strung nor any sign of works begin carried out (although to be fair I am away all day). How long after the cabinet going live would you expect the fiber to the home to be ready to rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

knipex wrote: »
    According the the roll-out map our cabinet goes live on the 11th of may following a fiber upgrade.

Unfortunately the last copper bits will mean my connection remains abysmal.

The roll-out map shows that sweet blue line passing my door but I have seen no indication of fiber being strung nor any sign of works begin carried out (although to be fair I am away all day). How long after the cabinet going live would you expect the fiber to the home to be ready to rock.

What do you mean abysmal? If you are close enough you could be getting 100/20. That's pretty sweet.

The completion of a cab will have no bearing on the roll out of FTTH along the blue lines. The blue lines are underway at the moment and should be complete by 2020. Is your area listed at the bottom on this announcement? If so, then you could have FTTH by March 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

MMFITWGDV wrote:
    The completion of a cab will have no bearing on the roll out of FTTH along the blue lines. The blue lines are underway at the moment and should be complete by 2020. Is your area listed at the bottom on this

MMFITWGDV wrote:
    The completion of a cab will have no bearing on the roll out of FTTH along the blue lines. The blue lines are underway at the moment and should be complete by 2020. Is your area listed at the bottom on this

MMFITWGDV wrote:
    What do you mean abysmal? If you are close enough you could be getting 100/20. That's pretty sweet.

I am on that list (which is why I was hoping it would be linked to exchange going live).

At the moment me speeds go from 2 / 256 to 250/15

The quality of the copper is bad and I am about 3km from exchange. I have had multiple engineers out and even had the line to my house (from the pole) replaced but no good..

Hope to see some improvement once the cabinet goes live but not expecting much..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I am on that list ...

Well then wait less than a year and you will be laughing at the vast majority of the country.
    The quality of the copper is bad and I am about 3km from exchange...

At that range you won't get e-Fibre, but if the exchange gets a proper NGA upgrade you might see the speeds stabilise at peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I am on that list (which is why I was hoping it would be linked to exchange going live).

At the moment me speeds go from 2 / 256 to 250/15

The quality of the copper is bad and I am about 3km from exchange. I have had multiple engineers out and even had the line to my house (from the pole) replaced but no good..

Hope to see some improvement once the cabinet goes live but not expecting much..

Move or wait for FTTH

Advertisement