Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use patterned paper in my crafts?

Options
  • 28-04-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am making crafts to sell online and I would like to know that if I use paper that I bought in the craft shop that has designs on it (fairly distinctive designs) for my product is it illegal? When I say use i may use a lot, say for the background, or Imay use a little, say for cutouts. I just want to go about this the right way. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rhabarbarum

Should be okay. You bought it, so you already paid for the right to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

No, that's fine, that's actually what it's designed for. (I worked in craft stores and I know people who do collage.)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

Should be okay. You bought it, so you already paid for the right to use it.

Thank you :-) was thinking cos I bought it I had the rights to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I have read up on the legalities and otherwise of papercrafting over the last number of years and I haven't heard of any problems with backing papers, on the other hand, some rubber stamp companies are known to pay people to trawl the net making sure no-one sells handmade items using their rubber stamped images. In the US people have ended up in hot water over it. If anyone does use rubber stamped images just make sure the company has an 'Angel Policy'. Nice title for a policy. :)

Advertisement