Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family accommodation in Paris with parking

Options
  • 28-04-2016 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I'm here to ask for your advice.

We will be travelling to Paris in June, we will be taking the ferry so we'll have our own car.

We want to spend 2-3 full days in the city sightseeing with 5 & 4 yr olds before we head to Disneyland for a few more days & then further South of France.

I had been looking at hotels in Val D'Europe / Chessy area which are not too bad price wise but I think we'll be on the metro/RER too much going too and from Paris centre and it would not be too cheap either for a family of four - roughly €140 for ticket for 2/3 days Paris Visite I think ?

So thinking it would be better to stay nearer the centre but where ?

We need some place safe, kid friendly with parking as we'll have the car for travelling further South after Paris.

Can anyone recommend a place clean, safe and good value with Parking and maybe a playground or park nearby 😋

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

what's your budget? It'll give people a better idea of what to recommend. Personally I quite like booking.com for specific searches as they've a great filter for things like parking. Just tick the box and it'll offer up suggestions with ability to view on map.

Do you mean you want to stay in Paris city centre while going to Disneyland despite the good prices at Val d'Europe? I think if you can, I'd just stick to staying near Disneyland once you go there. It's a great place even in the evening and save you the hassle of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Gatica wrote: »
    what's your budget? It'll give people a better idea of what to recommend. Personally I quite like booking.com for specific searches as they've a great filter for things like parking. Just tick the box and it'll offer up suggestions with ability to view on map.

Do you mean you want to stay in Paris city centre while going to Disneyland despite the good prices at Val d'Europe? I think if you can, I'd just stick to staying near Disneyland once you go there. It's a great place even in the evening and save you the hassle of travel.

Budget would be about €100 a night.

Booking is good but most places with parking are charging an additional €20 per night to park so it adds to cost.

We want to visit Paris centre for few days before we actually spend a few nights in Sequoia lodge in Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Budget would be about €100 a night.

Booking is good but most places with parking are charging an additional €20 per night to park so it adds to cost.

We want to visit Paris centre for few days before we actually spend a few nights in Sequoia lodge in Disney.

Would you consider training it into Paris for sightseeing, park up in sequioa or whichever hotel you choose. It might work out negligible difference in cost as you will have to buy train tickets in city as well. You may find with a 4 and a 5 year old the amount of actual sightseeing is limited. There's a lot of walking involved.
    We did Disney a few times when our two were small. It was great, stayed in vienna house hotel. Loads of grounds outside for evening runarounds with excited kids. Parking used to be free at hotel, and we shuttle bused it to the park (free) so no parking cost there either.
    They are older now and last year we did a week in Paris, (no dlp). It was great, plan to go back asap. We did a lot of walking, i think it's nearly unavoidable tbh in Paris. It depends how much time you have of course but you may find that doing a few days in both will be exhausting. Lots of walking in dlp too.
    If you are searching to stay in paris you might be as well off to search places like airb&b to get location info. Many self caterings will advertise on a few sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Yeah if you have a car I'd stay at a hotel around the edges (like an ETAP or IBIS) which usually have free parking

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Hi thanks for the replies - initially I was looking at the Kyriad Chessy which would be fine as it has free parking and across from a metro stop but we'd be spending an hour roughly each way going in & out of Paris plus the extra cost of RER tickets each day so that's why I thought we'd look at areas in the centre of Paris so if we got tired we could back & relax for a while.

I've also been looking at Airbnb but never used them before ?

I just thought someone could recommend a city centre hotel with parking & family rooms that would wouldn't cost the earth ...... Fingers crossed someone will know one 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Stayed in Hotel b+b out beside eurodisney. Free shuttle bus and free breakfast and a family room was approx €120. 5 in the room (big room!!). Quite new and very clean.

I would leave the car there and travel back in to Paris and stay there (free parking!!). We stayed on the hotel excelsior in Paris. 5 mins from Notre Dame. Again a family room ( actually more like 2 rooms and again very clean and quiet).

Advertisement