Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Handyman"?

Options
  • 28-04-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any companies in Carlow (or close by) that offer "handyman" type services?
    It'd be primarily for small maintenance jobs around our offices.
    They'd need to be properly insured etc.,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

The problem lies in getting guys who are legitimate. I have had a number of people out to look at jobs but once you say you want a receipt and then ask them about insurance etc you never hear from them again or you're told that the job is too small to warrant a receipt!

Try fixitquick.ie I have used him in the past for some work on electrical appliances and had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The problem lies in getting guys who are legitimate. I have had a number of people out to look at jobs but once you say you want a receipt and then ask them about insurance etc you never hear from them again or you're told that the job is too small to warrant a receipt!

Try fixitquick.ie I have used him in the past for some work on electrical appliances and had no issues.

Thanks - and yes, those are exactly the kind of issues I need to avoid. If it's work for me personally I obviously want it done properly, but I don't "need" proper invoices etc., but if it's for the company it has to be 100% above board

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Blacknight wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any companies in Carlow (or close by) that offer "handyman" type services?
    It'd be primarily for small maintenance jobs around our offices.
    They'd need to be properly insured etc.,

Sent you a PM. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Contact a letting agent or auctioneer and ask them. They would have firms that do that. I know my landlord dis in Kilkenny but I can't remember the name of the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Rogueish wrote: »
    Sent you a PM. Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

http://repairandrenovate.ie/home good guy had him do work for me before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Blacknight is sorted out so I will hijack the thread for my search:p

I am looking for someone to install a satellite dish, Does anyone know a company or person in Carlow area that does this for a reasonable price with or without invoices?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

looks like you are getting a poor reception:pac:

Advertisement