Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp Club Hurlers that should have had a good run with their respective county

Options
  • 28-04-2016 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Okay I will start with my Native Tipperary
    Clubs
    Roscrea-Davin Flynn, Joe Carrol, Darren O Connor(Current Players)

Nenah Eire Og- Eddie Tucker was always a good club hurler but never got much of a chance at inter county(Past) Michael Heffernan

Thurlas Sars- Pa Bourke- Vanished without a trace from Tipp team in 2012

Kilruane- Seamus Hennessy

Mulnahone- Paul Kelly

Killenaule - Gerry Kennedy(Better Keeper than Darragh Egan)

And a special Mention to Laois Hurlers Zane Keenan and Willie Hyland who I think would make any team in the country

I know im probably leaving loads out but thats your Job to tell me who I am missing :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I'd add Stephen Maher for Thurles Sars. 2 or 3 fitzgibbons with UCC at corner back, fitz all stars or whatever they're called, few county medals with sars. Looked a better prospect than Cathal Barrett a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

tcrilly52 wrote: »
    Okay I will start with my Native Tipperary
    Clubs
    Roscrea-Davin Flynn, Joe Carrol, Darren O Connor(Current Players)

Nenah Eire Og- Eddie Tucker was always a good club hurler but never got much of a chance at inter county(Past) Michael Heffernan

Thurlas Sars- Pa Bourke- Vanished without a trace from Tipp team in 2012

Kilruane- Seamus Hennessy

Mulnahone- Paul Kelly

Killenaule - Gerry Kennedy(Better Keeper than Darragh Egan)

And a special Mention to Laois Hurlers Zane Keenan and Willie Hyland who I think would make any team in the country

I know im probably leaving loads out but thats your Job to tell me who I am missing :)

Can't speak for the Roscrea boys but I've seen them hurl for Tipp underage, Tipp vocational and club and don't think they're up to that level. Davin very skilful alright.

Mikey Heffernan was given a lot of chances. Too light. Would go well in loose games and that's why he stands out in club.

Hennessy's knee isn't up to intercounty after a few injuries. He's played full back for Kilruane alright but he just doesn't have the mobility. Would consider him a big loss to Tipp for his leadership alone.

Paul Kelly played 36 championship games for Tipp, he's 37 now. Can't really say he didn't get a run.

Pa is a class club hurler but is probably too similar to what's on the panel right now. Excellent if given space, not amazing in the air and not terribly quick either. He also doesn't have the tidiest of swings, see him get blocked a lot because of this.

Gerry Kennedy is a fine keeper alright. But there are other's ahead of both him and Egan who are younger. Egan isn't on the panel anyway at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Can't speak for the Roscrea boys but I've seen them hurl for Tipp underage, Tipp vocational and club and don't think they're up to that level. Davin very skilful alright.

Mikey Heffernan was given a lot of chances. Too light. Would go well in loose games and that's why he stands out in club.

Hennessy's knee isn't up to intercounty after a few injuries. He's played full back for Kilruane alright but he just doesn't have the mobility. Would consider him a big loss to Tipp for his leadership alone.

Paul Kelly played 36 championship games for Tipp, he's 37 now. Can't really say he didn't get a run.

Pa is a class club hurler but is probably too similar to what's on the panel right now. Excellent if given space, not amazing in the air and not terribly quick either. He also doesn't have the tidiest of swings, see him get blocked a lot because of this.

Gerry Kennedy is a fine keeper alright. But there are other's ahead of both him and Egan who are younger. Egan isn't on the panel anyway at the moment.

Great summary of the above players, them 2 Laois lads wouldn't get next or near any of the top 6 county teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭Grueller

Paul Kelly has two munster medals, an all ireland and two nhl titles as well as two all stars. If thats not really getting a look in I would be happy to not get a look in.

Advertisement