Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming accounts

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I need to gain hold of previous accounts of a local farmer for legal verification purposes. I think he has made fraudulent claims about employing someone - so just asking him is a no-go.

With normal businesses, you can request financials online but I cannot find his details anywhere. Do farmers class themselves as sole traders or do they register their financials elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Don't get you? 90% of farmers are sole traders. Their accounts are between themselves, their accountant and Revenue, nobody else.

You have to find a different route.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nameloc

ok thanks, I wasnt aware they were sole traders

Grants received are posted online somewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Nameloc wrote: »
    I need to gain hold of previous accounts of a local farmer for legal verification purposes. I think he has made fraudulent claims about employing someone - so just asking him is a no-go.

With normal businesses, you can request financials online but I cannot find his details anywhere. Do farmers class themselves as sole traders or do they register their financials elsewhere?

What sort of legal verification would you need their accounts for. Perhaps you could give more details and we could suggest an alternate verification procedure.

Advertisement