Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann API

Options
  • 27-04-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

I've had a look at the documentation for the public api about getting real time data from there. It gives me data alright, but its not what i'm looking for.

I'm looking to plot real time locations of buses for whatever area I'm in at the time, for a mobile app. So if I select the route I want I can see which bus is on its way visually as it'll be plotted on a map.

I've had a poke around on the Bus Éireann's website, and they seem to have some of what I'm looking for. They will provide lat lng co-ordinates of the bus, but no other pertinent information about the bus, like the route its on or whatever http://www.buseireann.ie/inc/proto/vehicleTdi.php?latitude_north=195602327&latitude_south=195188384&longitude_east=-30194695&longitude_west=-30725876&_=1461772972032
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get additional information via their API by adding certain parameters, or if its possible at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It looks like the first duid that is returned is the route ID, you should be able to use that to make additional API calls to get the specifics of the route.

Advertisement