Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cex Question

Options
  • 27-04-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi first of all sorry if this is in the wrong thread as I didn't know where to post this. Anyone know how long Cex take to dispatch an item? My item has been awaiting dispatch since Sunday and still hasn't been shipped! I'm getting very impatient as I was hoping to have my item before the bank holiday weekend. I've contacted them on Facebook, email etc. They said they'd get back to me with information but never did. Anyone know how long they usually take? I've used them numerous times before and it's never taken this long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Last time it took me less than a week but they are notorious for poor comms and sending wrong items.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Generally it takes about a week, never had too much longer than that in fairness.

received a ps move motion controller instead of a navigation controller today. nice work lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Once ordered a composite component cable for my Wii but instead got the standard AV cable.

Went to the local store and they had to give me my money back because someone somewhere didn't know what a composite component cable was and were sending out a bunch of random ones out to people who ordered them, so I wasn't the 1st person that this had happened to :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Once ordered a composite cable for my Wii but instead got the standard AV cable.

Went to the local store and they had to give me my money back because someone somewhere didn't know what a composite cable was and were sending out a bunch of random ones out to people who ordered them, so I wasn't the 1st person that this had happened to :pac:

Err, the "standard AV cable" you get with a Wii is composite.

So I'm gonna guess someone doesn't know what a component cable is... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

LunarSea wrote: »
    Err, the "standard AV cable" you get with a Wii is composite.

So I'm gonna guess someone doesn't know what a component cable is... :pac:

Bah, I meant component! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Cex have gone right down hill recently. Don't know whats up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cex have gone right down hill recently. Don't know whats up with them.

Glorified pawn shop tbh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Yeah pretty much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Is that such a bad thing? I've got a few quid for old electronics and games in the past that otherwise would have been going to the recycling centre. They stock a massive selection of things and can frequently have stuff that other places don't.

Given they seem to be doing a booming trade, "glorified pawn shops" are clearly in demand :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LunarSea wrote: »
    Is that such a bad thing? I've got a few quid for old electronics and games in the past that otherwise would have been going to the recycling centre. They stock a massive selection of things and can frequently have stuff that other places don't.

Given they seem to be doing a booming trade, "glorified pawn shops" are clearly in demand :rolleyes:

in my experience they are not the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Have they ever tried to portray themselves otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Apologies for pulling up an old-ish thread, but the question I have is so insignificant that it'd be an insult to the good people of this forum to start a new topic over it. :pac:

I have a 20 credit note from CEX in Dundalk and I am in search for another Dual Shock 4, so I figured this would be the best way of utilising the credit note. That said, the prices for the controllers in CEX's are a bit of a rip off, I'd be better off getting a new one in Smyth's.

That said, the prices in the CEX's up north are much better in comparison, and I would like to use up my credit ASAP as opposed to letting it sit and probably become forgotten about...

So my question is, can I used an Irish CEX credit note ( ) in a UK CEX shop ( ); like in Newry for example?

I've gotten into their CS last week but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Cheers!

Nailz wrote: »
    Apologies for pulling up an old-ish thread, but the question I have is so insignificant that it'd be an insult to the good people of this forum to start a new topic over it. :pac:

I have a 20 credit note from CEX in Dundalk and I am in search for another Dual Shock 4, so I figured this would be the best way of utilising the credit note. That said, the prices for the controllers in CEX's are a bit of a rip off, I'd be better off getting a new one in Smyth's.

That said, the prices in the CEX's up north are much better in comparison, and I would like to use up my credit ASAP as opposed to letting it sit and probably become forgotten about...

So my question is, can I used an Irish CEX credit note ( ) in a UK CEX shop ( ); like in Newry for example?

I've gotten into their CS last week but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Cheers!

Another boards user Stone Deaf 4ever asked them and they said yes, they would change the voucher from € to £ if he emailed it in. Don't know if he went through with it though.

As an aside, I bought an item from the Uk site, posted to parcelmotel, it wasn't as described and they eventually refunded me in euro but it was a slog.

sweetie wrote: »
    Another boards user Stone Deaf 4ever asked them and they said yes, they would change the voucher from to if he emailed it in. Don't know if he went through with it though.

As an aside, I bought an item from the Uk site, posted to parcelmotel, it wasn't as described and they eventually refunded me in euro but it was a slog.
    Brilliant, thanks for all the helpful info! If it's the case where they could convert the currency over for me, I may just wait a wee while longer for them to get back to me and see if they can do that for me then.

It might be a bit time consuming, but at least I'll get to use my credit eventually.
    I'll keep the thread posted if anything happens.

sweetie wrote: »
    Another boards user Stone Deaf 4ever asked them and they said yes, they would change the voucher from to if he emailed it in. Don't know if he went through with it though.

Brilliant, thanks for all the helpful info! If it's the case where they could convert the currency over for me, I may just wait a wee while longer for them to get back to me and see if they can do that for me then.

It might be a bit time consuming, but at least I'll get to use my credit eventually.
    I'll keep the thread posted if anything happens.

Advertisement