Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Equipment

Options
  • 27-04-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I am a long time follower of the boards.ie golf forum, which I really enjoy reading. This is my first post, however it’s a very depressing one.

Basically last night I loaded up my car a dark grey 08 BMW 318D in the inchicore area of Dublin with pretty much every piece of golf equipment I own in anticipation of a game of golf after work with my colleagues today. At exactly 7am I left the house to head off to work when I noticed my car stolen from outside. Obviously I am gutted about the car and all the contents that are now probably gone for every. I am not very wealthy and work hard to cover the cost of my home, my car and a game that I love playing.

I am particularly upset about the golf equipment thats gone, as now doubt you can all appreciate and understand it was built up at considerable expense over the past couple of years and been fitted for my unique golf swing :) Most of this won’t be covered by the contents insurance of the car.

I intent keeping a close eye on donedeal and adverts to see if anything goes up for sale, but could anyone advise me of anywhere else I should look in case they appear for sale?

I have an inventory of most of what I had in my bag below and if anyone spots anything around the place for sale I would be deeply grateful if they could please pm me and let me known.

Ping pioneer cart bag 2015 model, back with blue trim
    Ping G20 irons 4-sw orange dot
    Cleveland satin chrome 60* and 50* wedges
    Callaway X2 Hot 19* 3 rescue
    Callaway X2 Hot 17* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 9.5 D2 driver blue diamana stiff shaft
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 black putter 33” shaft with black scotty grip
    Golf Buddy WT5 blue/black watch
    Ping tour umbrella black/white
    Masters three wheel black golf cart
    Nike blue/black rain suit size L
    Footjoy back/white wind shirt size M
    Footjoy NXS white shoes size 8.5W

Thanking you all in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sorry to hear, those bastards

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

sorry to hear, will keep an eye out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Any chance you have golf sure insurance via your golf club ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Keep an eye on Gumtree and also some of those Cash convenience stores take Golf Clubs as Trade in so keep an eye there. Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I've a 910 - you can have if you want.

It is just sitting in car doing nothing. Might get you started.

• Advertisement

Any chance you have golf sure insurance via your golf club ?

Check your car insurance full details - or golf insurance ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 foremee

Thanks for that folks, much appreciated. I don’t have golf insurance, obviously wish I did now. I’ll keep an eye on gumtree too, thanks

I've a 910 - you can have if you want.

It is just sitting in car doing nothing. Might get you started.

Thank you so much for that, it's very good of you to offer. I have a few bits and pieces around the house and will borrow some clubs of friends so ill be able to cobble together a bit of set anyway, but I really appreciate the offer.

Check your car insurance full details - or golf insurance ??

Unfortunately car insurance coverage on contents is very poor, contents are designed to be insured by your home insurance under the all risks category, ball park €20 per thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

I have two Cleveland wedges if you are stuck- living in north Dublin-if you want to pick up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Sorry to hear that.

I have a Ping Hoofer stand bag, and a set of Taylormade 300 irons that you are welcome to if you'd like. The irons were my starter set and might tide you over for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

If you are a member of a club you have insurance through your GUI membership most people dont even realise it. It cover random things like the bar bill after a hole in one (up to €250 I think), loosing your car keys on the course and damage to your clubs. Managed to get a few broken shafts repaired on it easily enough few years back.

Not sure if it covers them for theft from car but quite possible.

Check your house insurance it might cover non specified items up to a certain amount even when outside your home.

Would recommend anyone here to make sure your clubs are specified on the home insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

Ronney wrote: »
    If you are a member of a club you have insurance through your GUI membership most people dont even realise it. It cover random things like the bar bill after a hole in one (up to €250 I think), loosing your car keys on the course and damage to your clubs. Managed to get a few broken shafts repaired on it easily enough few years back.

Check your house insurance it might cover non specified items up to a certain amount even when outside your home.

Would recommend anyone here to make sure your clubs are specified on the home insurance
    New shafts?? Even when you smash it off a tree?!

joxer1988 wrote: »
    New shafts?? Even when you smash it off a tree?!

Yea, although I would probably not mention that in your claim. There was a €50 excess so not worth it for just 1.

Stuff bag got crushed in by garage, 3 wood broke and 2 irons badly dented. It was straight forward enough to get done. Insurer wanted to send me a voucher for mcguirks but I just got them to let my pro repair and reimburse the invoice

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Not much good to the OP now, but if insured via AIG GUI fore insurance, it covers clubs up to €2000 if stolen from car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ronney wrote: »

Just to add the GUI Golfsure insurance is not an automatic addition to being a member of a club. Some clubs don't offer it at all and others give it as an optional extra upon payment of the levy so check that it's included with your subs and levies. Ours increased to €25 per year but well worth it for all it covers.
    One other correction, it no longer covers a bar bill following a hole in one. It used to until about 3-4 years ago alright but now that elusive hole in one only entitles you to entry to a lottery draw for undisclosed prizes for non published winners.

One other correction, it no longer covers a bar bill following a hole in one. It used to until about 3-4 years ago alright but now that elusive hole in one only entitles you to entry to a lottery draw for undisclosed prizes for non published winners.

A Sh1te! and I had just planned on getting one this weekend!

Here is a summary of the cover: (from 2012)

Summary of Cover for Members

Golf Equipment/Personal Effects
    ‘All Risks’ on your Golf Equipment
    up to €4,000
    Personal Clothing up to €750
    Excess €50

Definitions

Golf Equipment includes:
    Golf Clubs, Golf Club Bag, Caddy Car,
    Sky Caddies, Golf Shoes, Golf Waterproofs,
    Golf Hats, Golf Gloves, Golf Carry Bag
    (for bringing clothes etc.)
    Personal items, Clothing, Watches, Jewellery,
    Jackets, Jumpers, Shirts, Trousers and
    ordinary shoes

Golf Buggies
    Cover for damage to single-seater ride-on
    golf buggies to a limit of €4,000 (RTA cover
    can be added on for an additional €10)

Loss of Keys
    Covers the cost of replacing car keys lost whilst
    on Golf Club Premises (No deductible shall
    apply to this section)

Mobile Phones
    Cover for personal mobile telephones up to
    €100 if damaged on Golf Club premises
    (No deductible shall apply to this section)

Delayed Arrival of Clubs
    Cover for delayed arrival of clubs when travelling
    (excluding buggies and to a limit of €250)

Personal Liability and Personal Accident
    • Personal Liability up to €2,600,000
    • Accidental Death up to €150,000
    • Major Disability such as Permanent
    Total Disablement, Loss of Limbs,
    Loss of Eyes up to €150,000
    • Loss of Hearing:
    Both ears €150,000
    One ear €37,500
    • Temporary Total Disablement up to
    €250 per week for up to two years
    • Medical Expenses are covered up to
    €3,300 in Ireland and up to €30,000
    elsewhere in the world
    • Dental up to €10,000
    • Facial Scarring up to €3,000
    • Hospitalisation (€50 max 20 days)
    up to €1,000
    • Coma (€100 per week 26 weeks)
    up to €2,600
    Medical Second Opinion available to all
    members of Golfsure for new accidents
    & illness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Sorry to hear of the theft OP, I hope they catch the fu*kers and skin them alive.

Nice to see the offers of clubs from other members, very decent.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of the theft OP, I hope they catch the fu*kers and skin them alive.

Nice to see the offers of clubs from other members, very decent.

No sign of anything yet and I've been keeping a close eye on the online sales sites. I even went for a browse around some markets yesterday.

Thanks again to everyone who offered me clubs it's a really nice thing to do. A colleague of mine gave me his spare set which will keep me going for a while anyway. Once again I really appreciate all the help and advice from everyone here.

Just to let everyone know that I got a great phone call from the Gardai yesterday morning. They found my car and all my golf clubs were still in the boot. I'm absolutely over the moon as I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never see them again. I even went to the point of buying myself some new equipment to cheer myself up :) anyway just wanted to thank everyone here for all their help and advice, I really did appreciate it

• Advertisement

foremee wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that I got a great phone call from the Gardai yesterday morning. They found my car and all my golf clubs were still in the boot. I'm absolutely over the moon as I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never see them again. I even went to the point of buying myself some new equipment to cheer myself up :) anyway just wanted to thank everyone here for all their help and advice, I really did appreciate it

Sorry - dont pick this up too wrong, because this story doesn't now feel real ? :confused:

Like for 20 years of stolen cars (I've come across a few) - why would everything be in place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sorry - dont pick this up too wrong, because this story doesn't now feel real ? :confused:

Like for 20 years of stolen cars (I've come across a few) - why would everything be in place ?

Maybe the thieves weren't interested in the car's contents?
    With all that's going on in 'gangland' at the moment, it may have been taken for other reasons..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

UsedToWait wrote: »
    With all that's going on in 'gangland' at the moment, it may have been taken for other reasons..

Same thing happened to a friend of mine , although it took only two days to locate the car and clubs in tact .. Then Cork is a smaller area . Delighted OP back on the road .. In both senses !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

UsedToWait wrote: »

Hutch vs Kinahan Am-Am?

I asked the Gardai why nothing was taken and they suspect that the car was simply being stored for use in future criminal activity. The only things missing from it was the licence plates, my parrot and the lock on the drivers side. Needless to say I feel very lucky to have recovered practically everything

foremee wrote: »
    The only things missing from it was the licence plates, my parrot and the lock on the drivers side.

They were probably afraid he might rat them out

This thread prompted me to check with my insurers and if you are with AIG Golfsure via your GUI number your equipment is covered up to €2k if locked in the boot of your car and stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Great news, I remember when my car and clubs were stolen the Garda said that I would either find the car parked up somewhere with everything in it or never see it again.

I took two days and searched every car park on north Dublin. I must have looked like a weirdo with my key fob zapping every car that looked like mine.

Be grateful that you didn't have to deal with the insurance companies in the end, I had 6 weeks of torture with them.

You should get straight on the course and shoot the lights out.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jasmith

Great to hear you got all back I have just had my clubs stolen from my shed last night it was locked, lock snapped does anybody know if my insurance will cover this?

• Advertisement

jasmith wrote: »
    Great to hear you got all back I have just had my clubs stolen from my shed last night it was locked, lock snapped does anybody know if my insurance will cover this?

In a word yes, your shed should be covered, but ultimately your insurance co is where to ask, not here.
    Then you have to work out whether the claim would be worth it or not as it will impact your claim history and therefore your next insurance premium...

Advertisement