Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing Advice

Options
  • 27-04-2016 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a rough estimate please of what replacing a Roof on a two up one down (16ft wide) mid terrace house would cost??
    I got three quotes ranging from €10,000, €15,000 and finally €24,000.
    I'm not sure what to do.
    The guy who quoted me €24,000 said his was the average cost and that the others were " Cowboys"!!
    Agh!!!!! 😜

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Did you give them a specification of what levels of insulation and type of materials you want installed?
    Did you agree that they should take for complete removal of roof timbers, replacement of wall plate, new plasterboard, electrics, lead, chimney repair, vent cards/slates, new slates etc etc

24k : either it's all of the above + more, or they don't want the job

10k seems a little cheap, as depending on what's required the materials, scaffolding insurance, pscs, skips, etc could cost that.

Hard to say really without knowing the particulars. I would recommend you speak to and visit work they have completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

hi did you enquire about roof grants that were available as there was a government scheme , now im not sure if this is still ongoing .all the above prices sound very expensive to me for the size involved , if its just a re felt and re tile or slate then all above prices are crazy . if you want to pm me i will give you a contact number of a reputable tradesman that can steer you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Thats some spread of prices

Well worth getting an Engineer to oversee I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Dbu wrote: »
    Thats some spread of prices

Well worth getting an Engineer to oversee I reckon.

Try one of these guys maybe.
    http://www.constructionireland.ie/c/486330/project-cost-management

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Have to love google maps, it's Mahon in Menorca that it shows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement