Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf rings for practice

Options
  • 27-04-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Anyone know in Ireland that supply these at reasonable cost?

http://www.eyelinegolf.com/products/target-circles

Something like this is what i'm looking for...Any one buy these before?

Thanks
    JTown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Hula Hoops or coloured rope would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Hula Hoops or coloured rope would work too.

if using the hula hoop method you could bring a penknife and cut into the green an inch or 2 and then insert the hoop into it so it would not stop the ball from rolling closer to the hole? Probably best to check with a member of the greenskeeping staff first:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Domo1982 wrote: »
    if using the hula hoop method you could bring a penknife and cut into the green an inch or 2 and then insert the hoop into it so it would not stop the ball from rolling closer to the hole? Probably best to check with a member of the greenskeeping staff first:eek::)

Please God don't do that to any practice area

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

I don't think so!

I was obviously joking with the digging up the green idea but could you bring a can of spray paint maybe?..would cause no harm to the green and would wash away or would be gone with the next mowing. Couple of cans of different colour paint would fit easy in the bag as well.

Or how about that foam that the Refs use now in the soccer? That disappears after a minute of so and causes no harm to the grass either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

How about just chipping and putting it up to the hole without the rung. I mean it's not actually doing anything for you. It's not that hard to judge whether a ball is 3 foot or 5 foot from the hole?

Boskowski wrote: »
    How about just chipping and putting it up to the hole without the rung. I mean it's not actually doing anything for you. It's not that hard to judge whether a ball is 3 foot or 5 foot from the hole?

This is for the practice area, I had string last year but its messy to setup.

Its huge benefit to improve my chipping, I had drills and was practising with 2 others.

jtown wrote: »
    This is for the practice area, I had string last year but its messy to setup.

Its huge benefit to improve my chipping, I had drills and was practising with 2 others.

Drills? That's too dangerous man...I'd draw the line with paints cans or hula hoops

Drills? That's too dangerous man...I'd draw the line with paints cans or hula hoops

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

How about just sticking a few tees in concentric circles around the hole?
    I only bother with tees and markers if practice putting, for chipping my aim is to get within the length of the wedge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Some people use a towel as a landing area. Probably have one on your bag already. I will say that practicing from the same spot is bad as it makes you expect perfection. Golf is not a game of perfect. Picking different targets from different lies is more realistic.

What I do!

Section 1- Short Game
    #chip: 3ft from edge of green to within a 5ft circle (distance=15yards)
    #pitch: 15 yards from edge of green to within a 5ft circle (distance 30yards)
    #lob: Over a bunker or mound to a tight pin within an 10ft circle
    #bunker: Greenside bunker to a flag approximately 15yards on green to within an 10ft circle.
    You hit 5 balls from each of the above and record in a table like attached.

Section 2- par 18 (9 holes)
    #Set up some short shots around the greens: 3easy, 3 medium, and 3 hard,
    preferably 2 bunkers, 2 chips, 2 pitches, 2 lobs and 1 from rough
    #Using 1 ball, complete each hole and total your score (all par 2s)
    #use full routine for each shot and putt
    #you can even give yourself a short game handicap
    #Record results in table

Section 3-Par 27 (Putting)
    #Set up 5 putts from 3ft, 8ft 15ft and 30ft
    #Record the number of putts required from each distance
    #Record results

Advertisement