Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best piece of technology that you have had and then lost,misplaced it etc?

Options
  • 27-04-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Me it was a lovely green MP4 player bought it in Aldi. Had it loaded wing songs, videos etc was a great bit of tech. Was in a hurry one morning and and it was in my coat pocket but managed to fall out as I was running to catch a bus and I only noticed it was missing when I was on the bus. Was raging. Never found it but still miss it. They do not seem to make MP4 players anymore :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Met a bloke on the golf course one day that had the most amazing golf ball I've ever seen, he was showing it off to me, telling me how it was virtually impossible to lose the bloody thing.

Apparently when you knocked it into the water, it would automatically inflate a mini life jacket, and a propeller which would steer it back to the shore.

In really bad roughs (long grass) it would deploy a pole with a flashing beacon.

Putting it in the sand, it would deploy mini shovels, after which it would dig itself out, and erect a small tent around itself to protect it from the elements until its owner reclaimed it.

I was truly amazed at this wonderful piece of technology, and immediately sought info as to where I could buy one from, as i had never seen them in any shops or websites.

"I'm not sure mate, I found this one" was his reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

My kindle fire went missing on a bus journey. Maybe I left it behind, maybe it got nicked from my bag, I don't know. Probably the former, I can be very scattered at times.

And my tablet, my poor tablet. My partner accidentally kneeled on it last night and shattered the screen. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Back in the day... Nokia N-Gage that I lost on a bus. Used mostly for the MP3's and recording from radio/external source like a tape player.

Still sad looking back at that evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Car.

Misplaced on beach (could have sworn I parked in the hotels carpark).

Tide came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

HTC One, left it in Abrakebabra when I was pissed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

A Biro

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I have been lucky never to misplace a piece of technology or lost one usually find them the only thing I tend to loose or misplace the most are usb's and connectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

redbel05 wrote: »
    Car.

Misplaced on beach (could have sworn I parked in the hotels carpark).

Tide came in.

That...has got to have more of a story to it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My time machine. One of the kids accidentally activated it and it disappeared off into the past. Or future. Not sure which. Blueprints were in the bloody thing too. :mad:

Advertisement