Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Azuru Drink

• 27-04-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I recently came across an alcoholic drink called Azuru on sale, I never heard of it before or even seen it before, I'm wondering has anyone heard of it or tryed it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Claire_72

Yes has a matter of a fact i have heard of this azuru drink, my son came home from a night out a few weeks ago in a very bad state at first I thought he might have been taking drugs, however i found out he'd been drinking this azuru spirit stuff, i had never heard of it until a few weeks ago but after seeing the state of my son, i would probably recommend people to stay away from it if that's what it does to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul68

I'm not really sure you can blame it solely on this azuru drink claire, i have 19 year old son and 3 other children all now grown up in their 20s, i have seen first hand the effects of alcohol on young people and in my opinnion its down to the attitude young people have towards alcohol and not the drink itself. There's a reason why they have these drink aware.ie ads but obviously the message doesn't register with a small minority. In my opinnion this azuru drink doesn't sound dangerous or anything just another spirit for people to choose from when on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 josh_96

I tryed azuru there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, i thought it was nice, don't see what the fuss is about, i had a great time like i would if i drank any other spirit

after seeing how bad a state my son is i tryed find out about this azuru,I cannot find any information, does anybody know more about this azuru drink, where is it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Claire_72 wrote: »
    after seeing how bad a state my son is i tryed find out about this azuru,I cannot find any information, does anybody know more about this azuru drink, where is it from?

Apparently its a smooth and refreshing spirit blend with South American fruit infusions. Which probably means you can drink a lot of it without realizing how much you have consumed. I bet it also contains a lot of sugar.

What sort of state was your son in?

• Advertisement

He was just unresponsive for about an hour which at the time i was extremely concerned, the only thing he said he remembers is when he got into bed he felt like his body was dissolving and seeing all different types of colours when he closed his eyes, to me thats sounds like some type of hallucination.

He was just unresponsive for about an hour which at the time i was extremely concerned, the only thing he said he remembers is when he got into bed he felt like his body was dissolving and seeing all different types of colours when he closed his eyes, to me thats sounds like some type of hallucination.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Other then have a chat with your son about responsible drinking.

Its made by an Irish company in Co. Clare. There is massive amounts of hoops to get through before you can sell a new product in Ireland including toxicology testing. Its not like it just arrived off a boat from Peru.

I'd say him seeing lights was more disorientation from where ever he had been that night. From bright lights and music into darkness and silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

Jesus claire i hope your son is ok, i was thinking about buying a bottle of azuru to try it out but after hearing all this i'm not so sure now. I'd have to disagree with there syklops about about getting new products into ireland, remember all them hemp shops around the country selling illegal products disguised has bath salts etc or all these health supplements people are taking.

Yes jimmy my son is fine now, i'm hopping he learned his lesson and won't be drinking that azuru drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eminemrald89

jimmy_b wrote: »
    Jesus claire i hope your son is ok, i was thinking about buying a bottle of azuru to try it out but after hearing all this i'm not so sure now. I'd have to disagree with there syklops about about getting new products into ireland, remember all them hemp shops around the country selling illegal products disguised has bath salts etc or all these health supplements people are taking.

there is absolutely no way it is the drinks fault. its 30% volume, which is less than vodka, gin and captain morgans. its likely your son was on drugs and lied. or just drank far too much.

Think a bit absurd everyone is blaming Azuru. google it, its made in Ireland ffs 😂

• Advertisement

jimmy_b wrote: »

And why were they disguised as bath salts? To bypass the stringent testing that must be done on consumables, e.g. food and drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Interesting marketing, it seems to be based on (a) the amazing blue colour and
    (b) some legend about an old Spanish dude being poisoned after drinking a concoction spiced with an azure blue arrow poison frog.

Well, if that what it takes to sell spirits to the teenager of 2016, I say fair play to these guys for dreaming up a winning idea :)

BTW that kid could have ended up in the same state after drinking half a bottle of vodka, and it would have been cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Yes jimmy my son is fine now, i'm hopping he learned his lesson and won't be drinking that azuru drink again.

Yeah, because it was the specific drink that was the problem.

Tequila/vodka/rum though, he can feel free to come home half-comatose on these instead? :confused:

Advertisement