Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique Design

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi, where would one go to get a unique and very personal meaning design for a tattoo done.
    Any recommendations would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

A tattoo artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Adiboo wrote: »
    A tattoo artist.

You would think, The three I went to all handed me catalogues to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

State you want a custom design. Make sure it's a reputable studio. There are countless threads here with artist recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

here would one go to get a unique and very personal meaning design for a tattoo done

In your head as its only unique and meaningful to you

here would one go to get a unique and very personal meaning design for a tattoo done

In your head as its only unique and meaningful to you

My drawing skills would amount to nought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Your broad question will get broad answers.

You need to be at least able to describe your idea, rough drawing or something as a reference. I'd say those you spoke too could just not understand your idea so told you to look at books to pic a reference and start from there.

They need a starting point, a style, something. They can not read your mind.

Lastly Irelands a rather large place, may want to mention where you are based and are you willing to travel.

Hi unclebill98, I accept that, I am Dublin based.
    The design I am looking for is around the words MAKE ME,
    That is based around the names of my wife, son and grandkids. Where both my wife and son have died (M & A).
    I want to try stay away from the religious designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi unclebill98, I accept that, I am Dublin based.
    The design I am looking for is around the words MAKE ME,
    That is based around the names of my wife, son and grandkids. Where both my wife and son have died (M & A).
    I want to try stay away from the religious designs.

well start with that.

Do you want them words?

Style? you need to look at styles like tribal, trash polka etc etc to move your idea forward. You need to be more specific or you'll never get one done.

For instance I gave a artist the following,

Grime Reaper with dragon wings sitting on a throne of skulls with flames done in his style, from that he knocked it out of the park.

So you just to move the idea forward yourself.

Advertisement