Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Tullow, any good car boot sale/market around?

Options
  • 27-04-2016 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

Recently moved to Tullow, Co. Carlow.
    We were wondering if there is any good car boot sale to go to?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There are no car boot sales around Tullow. The nearest thing to a car boot sale around is a market usually held on Sunday mornings in Carlow. It is located in the old Texas building in the Strawhall Industrial Estate in Carlow town.

To be honest, it is ages since I was last there so I'm not 100% sure if it is still happening. Someone from Carlow town might be able to confirm if it is still held every Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

BattleCorp wrote:
    There are no car boot sales around Tullow. The nearest thing to a car boot sale around is a market usually held on Sunday mornings in Carlow. It is located in the old Texas building in the Strawhall Industrial Estate in Carlow town.

That's closed down since last year. I don't think there is any around carlow town anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

Hey.

We checked out that one in Carlow. It was closed.

Thanks a lot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Car boot sales are a thing of the past. Websites such as adverts and donedeal have taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 THESPIDER

One coming up in clonegal on 8th may. Sellers from 9.30am buyers from 10 am. Ben mulhall complex. Around 15 minutes from tullow town. Continues over the summer. Think its monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

@Thespider.
    Thanks for that! I don't mind even if it is a half an hour drive.
    It is a bit of Sunday fun to walkabout before lunch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Looshkin

THESPIDER wrote: »
    One coming up in clonegal on 8th may. Sellers from 9.30am buyers from 10 am. Ben mulhall complex. Around 15 minutes from tullow town. Continues over the summer. Think its monthly.

Hi!

Do you know if you can just turn up on the day as a seller or do you need to book in advance?

Thanks for the heads up

Sorry didnt see your post till now. No need to book. I do have a contact number but not sure if I'm allowed to post up numbers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Send numbers by PM, please don''t post them on the open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Anyone go to the car-boot sale ? what was it like ?

• Advertisement

Next one 12th june. Monthly thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

THESPIDER wrote: »
    Next one 12th june. Monthly thereafter.

Where you at the one on the 8th of may ?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Where you at the one on the 8th of may ?

No wasn't at it. They did run all last summer and are due to run this summer again so they must get a decent enough crowd etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

szita2000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Recently moved to Tullow, Co. Carlow.
    We were wondering if there is any good car boot sale to go to?

Thanks

Good one over in Castledermot at the community centre on the last Sunday of each month. Also a big market in Athy town centre each Tuesday, if you are in to that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Advertisement