Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the 1901 and 1911 census?

Options
  • 27-04-2016 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

can somebody tell me when the 1901 and the 1911 census released to the public i dont mean online,,, i do believe the 1911 was out well before a 100 years

and if so why the longer delay for 1926 Census,,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

The 1911 one did come out before the 1901 version. I can't remember when exactly but it was definitely out before 2011, but not by very long. Maybe about 2009 but that's just a guess.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They were held under different legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I used to work in genealogical research in the mid 90s. We had access to the 1901 and 1911 censuses.....censii??? Whatever, we had them on microfiche but as far as I can remember they were also available to the public in the local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just a guess here - some 100 year rule maybe?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

1961 by Charlie Haughey.

There has been extensive discussion on this forum about releasing the 1926 census. I don't think we need another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Please use the search box to find other threads on 1926 - as others have said, we've discussed it to death.
    CIGO is still trying to get it released early but the CSO are not playing ball.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement