Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty back Hurling

Options
  • 26-04-2016 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi
    I have recently gone back playing Hurling after 4 years as I was working abroad and as for fitness, I have caught up with that but the issue is how I play in TRAINING! I fumble andhit wide after wide in training and often mis-hit the ball and when it comes to a match I am fine, 3 matches in and I have scored 1-7 in total I think at intermediate level.

Does anyone else have the same issue of not being on form with touch and ability in training etc?

I know its a bit of a silly question but it is starting to annoy me
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Couple of possible scenarios might explain:
    - your training's are more competitive than your matches and you are under greater pressure which are leading to mistakes (if you are playing in a good team you might be getting chances handed on a plate in games)
    - your preparation for matches (diet, rest & application) is greater than for training's and you are not as focused as you should be (my own personal belief is you perform 10-25% better in a game because you are generally far more focussed)
    - maybe you are doing alot of running or drill work which is fatiguing you and when you play a game in training you are more tired than you would be in a game and so make more mistakes
    - you are getting on alot more ball in training than you would in a game and making the same proportion of mistakes but because of the higher number you are more focused on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Better to be doing badly in training and well in matches than vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

feargale wrote: »
    Better to be doing badly in training and well in matches than vice versa

I'd agree with this 100%

I know a lot of lads who are like all-Stars at training but go missing on the pitch during games when it matters

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tcrilly52

big_drive wrote: »
    I'd agree with this 100%

I know a lot of lads who are like all-Stars at training but go missing on the pitch during games when it matters

Thanks for the replies lads

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tcrilly52

Thanks for the replies guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement